Happy Father's Day !!!

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Happy Father's Day to you also! I hope every member here has wished their dad happy father's day, I lost my dad in 1983.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Happy Dad's Day to all of you. I got a call from my daughter today. Made my day special. For those of you who don't know, my daughter and I were estranged for 37 of her 39 years. We reconnected two years ago and have been close ever since.

But, my wife got me this card and signed it for my two dogs who were havinbg trouble working a pen. I wanted to share it with you guys.

Tom

Attachments

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
1/2+1/2
son wished me a happy dad's,waiting for daughter to chime in.
my day consisted of a 7+hour drive home from sturgis (saskachewan,canada) in continous rain.my eyes got a little buggy from the wipers.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That day is coming up again, guys.
For those of you who still have your Dad, love and cherish him. For those who have lost him, remember those precious times when he was here. That's what I plan to do. I'll call my brother and sister and we'll have some laughs and tears.
Miss you, Dad.

Here's a sweet little vid made by two 11th graders that is a bit of a tear jerker but well done. Enjoy > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkBHlfDvjk

The music is by 'Band of Horses' who did 'The Funeral' used in the popular Danny McAskill video many of us have seen.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I know what you 're talking about Tom, it was 30 years ago may 23rd that I lost my dad. So today I got a early fathers day present well sorta, my son came over and we worked on the pontoon boat that we have been rebuilding. It might have been work but I enjoyed all the same.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Happy fathers day to you too Bill, to all the rest of you, and especially to my own dad ;-}
That day is coming up again, guys.
For those of you who still have your Dad, love and cherish him.
Tom
My dad is living with me these last few months and may live out his days here, he's having a rough go of it.

My dad has a surgically implanted feeding tube coming out of his stomach as his throat is nearly closed so he can't eat and he's too weak for surgery.

In short he needs 24/7 care and since my motorized bicycle shop is in my house that means I spend a great deal of time with my dad and though he's a lot of work I am really glad I get to spend so much time with him in his twilight and think about all the things he taught me.

Sadly I didn't do as good a job with my son as my dad with me, this is the 2nd fathers day I'll have with my son still behind bars.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
He's in the "home" now recuperating from a fall. Compression fracture of spine and blood clots in lungs. Soon he'll be back home with me. I stopped at the grocery store on the way over and bought him a slice of double chocolate cake, his fav. He turned 92 last week.

He's a tough old bird. Out lived Ma going on 6 years now.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
My 17 year old son gave me 2 different Father's day gifts this year.

1st ....my Honda Civic (our only car) which he totalled coming home from from brothers house Friday morning..... before my mom's viewing at the funeral home
on Friday evening

2nd... His hospital release form stating that he is going to be fine with not even a scratch on him

Guess which one was the better gift.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My 17 year old son gave me 2 different Father's day gifts this year.

1st ....my Honda Civic (our only car) which he totalled coming home from from brothers house Friday morning..... before my mom's viewing at the funeral home
on Friday evening

2nd... His hospital release form stating that he is going to be fine with not even a scratch on him

Guess which one was the better gift.
The Honda?

But on a serious note, glad to hear of the outcome......Happy Fathers Day!

Isn't Mothers Day 9 months after Fathers Day? laff

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
pop's used to tell me ''every family has one and your ours'' later in life pop's confided in me that ''that's what my dad used to say to me'' made me feel a little closer to him. he's been gone for over 20 years now. funny thing every time i hear my answering machine i hear my dad! i sound just like him... i'll never get over that! dennis