Is it the throttle cable ???

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
First of all, when making a video, it would help if you help the camera half way steady. That video, (with the exception of you trying to start the engine) makes me,

finally after getting thru the video, there are some things that can be done.

The throttle cable. There are adjusters on both ends of the cable sheath. One at the throttle on the handle bar, the other on the top of the carburetor. Turning counter clockwise will take some slack out of it. If that isn't enough, search on Google for a video on shortening a throttle cable. I really don't think you will be able to do it, surprise me.

The chain. Either move the chain tensioner, or remove a link or two, or both. Chain slack should be about 1/2" to 3/4".

Starting the engine. You need to attain a greater speed before engaging the clutch. You might want to use a shot of starting fluid/throttle body cleaner, to help start the engine. If its still too hard, add another head gasket (lower the compression)..

Joel G.

May 2, 2012
Guam
I still have not uploaded any videos, so sorry you will not yet be the first however I just wanted to give you to clue as to what it could be...
First your cable being to long - Make sure cable it is properly seated in the handle area, it should be near the top as looking down from above, then after make sure the whole thing tightens properly, they are kinda cheap. After that make sure the carb. slide where the other end of the cable is going into the carburator is going all the way down, check by removing the air filter and looking to see if slide it going down enough to leave a nice little thumbnail space at bottom of opening. Second my I first got my engine running it would die out like it wasn't getting enough gas so after I got it started I loosened the fuel cap when it felt like it was going to die and right away it reved back up. I had to drill a small hole on the underside of the fuel cap to help gravity allow fuel to flow downward.. Good Luck!