Felt Twin 4 stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
Ok I got the motor in the frame and I am a little concerned with the fuel line. It is such a tight squeeze in this frame that there is barely any vertical space in between the petcock and the fuel intake. If there is a "U" in the fuel line instead of going in a downward line to the carb, will the suction from the motor be able to pull the gas into the carb?

Attachments

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
I would suggest that you could use brass tubing that you can get at a hobby store and short pieces of hose to route the gas line where you want it, the tube can be bent by filling it with water and freezing it, bend it around something that's at least 4 times the dia. of the tube (1/8 x4 = 1/2 )

The gas is gravity feed and not sucked into the carb, as long as the gas supply is higher than the carb it will flow.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I finally got the bike running today! It needs tinkering with though. It doesn't idle very well, and when reving it up, it dies when the choke is off. Brake needs adjusting too, it doesn't stop that great and when I tighten the cable, the wheel doesn't spin freely. I need to look into that one. Maybe I need a lever that has more travel in it?

Attachments

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Looking great.. I had my handle bars flipped, to give it that racer look. I was great for a week or so, after that, I was going more for comfort, rather then looks.

Like I said.. Looking great though..

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
Thanks. I too wanted the racer look and flipped them at first. After sitting on it, I knew I was going to want to change back because I had to reach so far, so I flipped them back over how they came.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
Hey Scotto- The carb was all clogged up, it runs pretty good now, still pretty weak off the line though. Maybe the clutch needs to break in more? Is it my 48t sprocket? Anyways, let's ride!

Velodrom- yes it's one of their pipes, a little pricy, but worth it. What a difference in the exhaust tone! It has a deep throaty growl to it. I was turning heads all weekend riding around town.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto- The carb was all clogged up, it runs pretty good now, still pretty weak off the line though. Maybe the clutch needs to break in more? Is it my 48t sprocket? Anyways, let's ride!
Yes, the 48t sprocket has a lot to do with that. It may sound crazy but a 56t will give you much better performance and snappier take-offs. It's just the way of the EZM.

.wee.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Scotto's right - a 56T is pretty much the smallest sprocket recommended for your setup. Some prefer 60+T, and azbill used to run a 72T!

With the amount of power you have, you're "only" capable of 36-42MPH. A 56T can take you there, you'll be turning about 8000RPM @ 40.

Sprockets smaller than 56T drastically affect the acceleration. A Q-matic needs all the help it can get off the line when you want to be brisk.