chinese torque converters

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have run them both and they seem to be ok...if it's a hi horsepower motor they will wear... to tell you the truth if you look at em you can't see any difference...

Flying Dutchman: why are you giving up on that system...Scotto has proven it works...and I run two of em with no issues.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
Don't apologize Jose. Yur English is prolly better than mine. I'm from Illinois so it's understandable.

I'd like to see a picture of it too.

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Got a Question I have a trike I built my self was using was using a HS 142 short shaft set from Thatsdax motor went on me he says he doesnt know when he is gonna get them in I cant find any with short shaft so I guess I need to go lond shaft problem is I am limited to size Ican use for rear sprocket I am curently running 8mm chain and sprockets any body got any ideas on how I can make something work with the Chinese torque convertor or something else?

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Got a Question I have a trike I built my self was using was using a HS 142 short shaft set from Thatsdax motor went on me he says he doesnt know when he is gonna get them in I cant find any with short shaft so I guess I need to go lond shaft problem is I am limited to size Ican use for rear sprocket I am curently running 8mm chain and sprockets any body got any ideas on how I can make something work with the Chinese torque convertor or something else?
Chinese torque convertor takes either #35 or 41 chain
motor mounting is not the same on a hs to a hf predator

the HS142 does not have enough power to spin the CVT

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Chinese torque convertor takes either #35 or 41 chain
motor mounting is not the same on a hs to a hf predator

the HS142 does not have enough power to spin the CVT
Never thought of that made my own verison of it on a 2wheel old HF 79cc motor used a Max torque setup I put togrther Im from IL and max torque place is in Naperville IL just a few miles away. I thought I might be able to do it if I could get it geared to 8mm. I think I ended up about 7 or 8 to 1 with the 41 chain

talbotti

Sep 17, 2011
Finland
im planning to put 190cc or 160cc motor to bike but the tourge converter takes 3/4 shaft and i could just find motors with 20mm shaft. 3/4 inches is 19mm so will it fit to motor with 20mm shaft. oh and im pissed because i would want to put 100cc motor to my bike but here they only sell here 150cc+ motors or real honda 100cc but they are expensive as fu#c.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Boas, uma foto do conversor de torque seria muito bom , eu fico agradecido , também procuro um
jose pinto
Jose you,re in your native land, speak your native tongue as much as you'd like . However if you come to the U.S. looks like you've got a good start on English

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
im planning to put 190cc or 160cc motor to bike but the tourge converter takes 3/4 shaft and i could just find motors with 20mm shaft. 3/4 inches is 19mm so will it fit to motor with 20mm shaft. oh and im pissed because i would want to put 100cc motor to my bike but here they only sell here 150cc+ motors or real honda 100cc but they are expensive as fu#c.

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines-generators/gas-engines.html
These engines are on sale now for as low as $99-99 for a 99cc 4 stroke. From what I hear they are very good engines. They even have an iron sleeve in the cylinder! I am ordering one myself.

Additionally if you go to
http://promocodesforyou.com/index.php?id=58
and click on the 20% off coupon you can then get it for only $79-99 and with the $20-00 you save you can get an added 2 year warranty on the motor. Although it is a web coupon the store are really good about taking web coupons in store.

As far as the wrong shaft size, if your shaft is too small you can get a shaft converter that normally is used on electric motors to convert to a larger size. You might have to modify it slightly by drilling and tapping 1 or 2 extra set screw holes, but it does seem to work okay.

If you have any questions, just PM me.

.weld