bogging problems

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I need some help here. Yesterday on the way to work my motor started bogging at WOT. I thought it might be junk in my carb so i cleaned it. Still didnt fix the problem. Im starting to think it might be leaning out since i lost my filter element, because it runs fine with a little choke. Does any one concur with the lean main jet or does any one else have any other suggestions? I cleaned the carb twice and still nothing.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
1. Replace the air filter.
2. If that doesn't do it, check for the dreaded air leak.
3. Update us with the results.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Which motor? On my HS, I drilled out the main jet with a #72 bit after I added the performance air filter. Runs great now.

This was per AGK's(Affordable Go Karts) suggestion.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I need some help here. Yesterday on the way to work my motor started bogging at WOT. I thought it might be junk in my carb so i cleaned it. Still didnt fix the problem. Im starting to think it might be leaning out since i lost my filter element, because it runs fine with a little choke. Does any one concur with the lean main jet or does any one else have any other suggestions? I cleaned the carb twice and still nothing.
If it "started" bogging, but didn't used to - then it's not a jetting issue as that wouldn't change. It may be something as simple as the tank not venting properly, remember that sometimes there's a prefilter in the tank & petcocks can clog too... but if you're talking about running without an air filter... you defo don't want to rejet to compensate for not having one as ya prolly outa ;)

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i cleaned the tanks petcock, back flushed out my filter, and cleaned the carb again. runs fine with a little less than half choke still. and im going to have to bump up a jet size any way with a high flow filter im ordering this week

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
You need to re jet. More air in = more air out which will require more fuel. When you find a micro drill set, I suggest going up one size at a time. You don't want to drill to big and find out you need a smaller size.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I ordered a #72 and #71 bit from Grainger for 3 bucks each. If the #72 doesnt work out i will use the #71. And i should fix my home town on here, I moved to green bay last August.