Worlds youngest racer/worlds coolest kid???

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I work at a paper mill and one of the perks is we recycle unsold magazines from newsagents, so i get to read some cool stuff. But i read an article today that i just had to share (A) becuase i dont think ive ever seen a proper mini vintage motorcycle which is on my long list of want to builds (B) because it took place not far from where i live and (C) because i thought you guys might enjoy it just as much as i did.

I took some pictures on my phone from the magazine and put them to my photobucket account. Then i thought id google his name and i came across the exact article i was reading, so have a read.... there are more pictures in the magazine i was reading so ill post them, some appear in the below article.

http://www.roadrider.com.au/_webapp_501413/Midget_Motorcyclist

Heres the pics i took

This is soooooooo cool!!!!! Im not good at guessing sizes from photos... so what do you guys think these wheels would be??? Modern 20" wheels or bigger???

Supposedly this photo was taken at Deagon which is probably 10km from where i live

Heres Kevin today at age 87 with the original bike

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Picture with Kevin and his speedway idol at the time

Jealous much kids???????? LOL, That is one of the coolest pics ive ever seen

Kevin with one of his current rides

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Unfortunately they dont go into details of the bike in the article so i have no idea of engine size or wheel size..... any ideas????? But im guessing its bigger then a peewee 50 LOL and waaaaaaaaaay cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
A suprising number of guys start their kids young. High chance of becoming an old bold biker that way I spose. Ya posted a perfect example of one :D

Guessing engine size on that is above my pay grade. Wheel size guess is 12". Average kid 3-4 years old is 30-37 inches tall roughly.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Was talking to a friend of mine the other day about his 3.5 year old just getting his first moto, one of these: http://osetbike.com/Pages/Video/Video.html and he is ripping it up!
They look pretty cool, a good way to start your kid on a motorcycle...... i rode motocross a fair few years ago now and it wasnt uncommon to see children that age getting out on the track on peewee 50's or KTM 50's but back in 1923 i dont think there were many around, if any. The mini Brough Superior would be a LOT heavier and a lot trickier to ride, and probably a lot more dangerous too.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
coolest story in a long time,thanks harry! just dont know if it would be cool today thrue a 6 years olds eyes :) but would be a really neat project,hmmm.i say you have about 4 years to present a junior build,harry. can really recommend a quad for a starter though.

Attachments

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I work at a paper mill and one of the perks is we recycle unsold magazines from newsagents, so i get to read some cool stuff. But i read an article today that i just had to share (A) becuase i dont think ive ever seen a proper mini vintage motorcycle which is on my long list of want to builds (B) because it took place not far from where i live and (C) because i thought you guys might enjoy it just as much as i did.

I took some pictures on my phone from the magazine and put them to my photobucket account. Then i thought id google his name and i came across the exact article i was reading, so have a read.... there are more pictures in the magazine i was reading so ill post them, some appear in the below article.

http://www.roadrider.com.au/_webapp_501413/Midget_Motorcyclist

Heres the pics i took

This is soooooooo cool!!!!! Im not good at guessing sizes from photos... so what do you guys think these wheels would be??? Modern 20" wheels or bigger???

Supposedly this photo was taken at Deagon which is probably 10km from where i live

Heres Kevin today at age 87 with the original bike

This has inspired a new build one for my grandson