Another bike junkie

GoldenMotor.com

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
First build 99% complete and ready for the next one to begin.. learned lots from this forum and my new buddy sportscar Pat..thanks to all of you. I'm an old flat tracker and motocrosser from the 70"s and it's time to roll again !!next up THUMPER.. Hope to meet you all in the fall at the races.. Still chasing the rush that comes with throwin it sideways at full throttle.. oh yeah started with an 80 dollar craigslist worksman from 1975.. trying to show a pic but not sure I got it right...dang technology !!

Last edited:

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
ok I'll try ..I'm A babe in the woods at this.. found this site last October and fell in love within 3 days had an old worksman and it was off to the races..learned to sew leather ,weld and lots more.. engine has been ported polished and balanced this is fun!! tank is hand made as well as seat and deerskin ignition cover ..till I learn how to post pics there are a few in the community pics section..

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
thanks this was my test build and will probably go to some deserving kid in the fall.(AFTER i HAVE MY WAY WITH IT ) I run a bmx race track also in Ohio and each year I try to work with the area kids and give them some cool awards at the end of their season.. if they have flown right all year..and they usually do.. Bicycles seem to attract the kids that slip through the team sports thing and it warms my cockels to see an at risk youth focus energies to a positive thing !! Playing with bikes seems to be at the foot of the fountain of youth

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
thanks Mr B here's a partial parts list from my head :
copper boost bottle that holds 66 cc"s of liquid (including lines)
jaguar ign
wooden rear fender (from woody's)
16.16 del orto
all copper lines including wiring
copper (under engine ) filler plates
enamel paint w/22 carat gold leaf lettering
milled head
all new german bearings and port job from pr racing in Toledo
original rechromed worksman rims w/ old worksman cycles engraving
new worksman front brake drum and spokes and 100 other things my better half knows nothing about

thanks again ..what a great bunch of fellas here !!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi B-rad,
From one old BMXer to another that thing looks great. The earlier Worksman frames had character, they are also quite different in the top tube and down tube. Nice job and that sprung seat is way cool.
Pat

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
thanks guys I have pics from day 1 on this for my reference.. but i stink at posting pics obviously..[Pat i blame looking at your machines for my new addiction.. first run and dial in will be this weekend at the half mile high banked speedway in our town and I'm sure I'll be back on here asking how to fix what ain"t right..

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
b-rad, that is a fine looking machine. When the kids see that there will be a thousand questions I'm sure.
Is it the bicycles that interest the kids or the fact that someone cares enough about them to help.

Steve.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
B-Rad you just gave me a brilliant idea of what to do with an old pair of snow ski's I'm going to try & form them into a fenda / mud guard

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
cool idea .. snow skis will provide a little extra width where you want it.. another reason I love this forum.. I know when I was a young dude my ratty old bike was my best friend and was included in everything i did..if you seen my bike .. I was there..being able to provide some kids with a few cool things each year gives me a feeling like none other. I would rather have at least one kid out there on a bike ....instead of in the back of someone"s car..maybe one day one of them will come back and repay me by teaching me to post pics !
now back to it, next up thumper frame angles being drawn up.. this one will be MY keeper and will be a plethora of shiny metals...mmm

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
I only did the rear fender out of leopardwood from the fenderbrace back (bobber style) and 18 guage steel from fender mount forward so that I could bend snap tabs on it to mount the deerskin ignition cover to it. It all came together very clean. With the steel lower portion of the fender, it is easy to narrow the area needed for chain clearance. these wooden fenders are relatively cheap and come with all the mounting hardware.. I got mine through woody's wooden bicycle fenders. He's a great guy to work with and has lots and lots of styles and designs to work with..If you have some time you could do your own by saturating your strip of wood, then bending it while wet to the desired arc and clamp or tie it in position until it dries either naturally or by heat dry..if the weather holds here I'll be going to the speedway later in the day for the initial test run and dial in. I'll take a few pics of the area and TRY to post them up.
wood is good !!