possible 200cc build?

GoldenMotor.com

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
ok so im new to the forum but not new to 2 strokes/4 strokes i currently have a 2 stroke ht engine and i toped out at 53kmh (31mph) max everything stock and i just don't like mixing oil and measuring etc and i also want more speed xct2 . so I'm thinking of selling the little 2 stroke and getting a 200cc 6.5hp honda clone engine on a bicycle and was wondering if it would get me around 56kmh (35mph) and i was wondering if something like this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/motorized-bicycle-gas-engine-kit-4-stroke-mount-plate-/140690643615?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c1d0da9f#ht_3977wt_985 would fit the engine or if i would have to make my own mounting plate.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
ok so im new to the forum but not new to 2 strokes/4 strokes i currently have a 2 stroke ht engine and i toped out at 53kmh (31mph) max everything stock and i just don't like mixing oil and measuring etc and i also want more speed xct2 . so I'm thinking of selling the little 2 stroke and getting a 200cc 6.5hp honda clone engine on a bicycle and was wondering if it would get me around 56kmh (35mph) and i was wondering if something like this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/motorized-bicycle-gas-engine-kit-4-stroke-mount-plate-/140690643615?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c1d0da9f#ht_3977wt_985 would fit the engine or if i would have to make my own mounting plate.
Welcome to the club, man!

That engine, properly geared, WILL easily get you to 35mph, or 45mph, maybe 55mph.

It depends what goes into the build.xct2

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I just finished a 4 stroke build for my brother, and we used a mini bike mounting plate welded to angle iron. the angle iron was welded to the frame between the down tube and seat tube. he has a speedo and it read 32mph and the throttle was barely half throttle. we are still breaking it in, so i am curious to see what full throttle brings us. Check my thread in the 4 stroke section -magrider-

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
ok thanks for the info! and all i need right now is to sell my current MB and hopefully that will be enough to buy a new bike and engine. i will post the progress here but might take a while since i need to re hone my cylinder in my 2 stroke before i sell it.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
ok thanks for the info! and all i need right now is to sell my current MB and hopefully that will be enough to buy a new bike and engine. i will post the progress here but might take a while since i need to re hone my cylinder in my 2 stroke before i sell it.

Huh? Hone your cylinder before you sell it.........why? You putting a new piston and rings in it? Please explain.

dnut

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
o because the cylinder walls were scored really badly but the piston and rings are ok (i just finished breaking it in and noticed a decrease in power thats why i took it apart etc.)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
o because the cylinder walls were scored really badly but the piston and rings are ok (i just finished breaking it in and noticed a decrease in power thats why i took it apart etc.)
I don't think re-honing is neccesary unless you're gonna put new rings on it. Just slap it back together, sell it, and then go 4-stroke.........you'll be glad ya did.

dnut

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
i would stick to the 99cc hf....remove governor, exhaust, high flow air filter...hello 45 mph.

and alot smaller than the 200cc engine. AGK is going to even have some more performance stuff coming for them in the future. I dont think 50mph would be hard to net on one with proper tuning.

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
just an update i sold my current mb and I'm locked on a 6.5hp honda clone engine that i found and il be getting that this wednesday hopefully and then i will probably get a bike of police auctions for cheap and I'm going with a cent clutch maybe 9 tooth and 72 tooth or 9 and 65 then il look into removing the governor and higher flow exhaust, carb, flywheel etc. xct2

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Hope you didn't hone that cylinder like you said. The cylinder walls are flash-chromed on the chinagirls.
Honing them ruins the cylinder. Does the guy who bought it from ya have your phone number? lol

Like CCC said, better do your homework! :D

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
speed only means .... you hit the cardoor that opens in front of you harder and slide on the pavement farther. So the faster your able to go the better brakes you better have.

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
@ The_Aleman no i didn't hone the cylinder and luckily i found out it was flashed chromed before i did lol @Ibedayank I've hitter the ground at 72kmh (45mph) with no breaks on my atv or any safety gear on hard pavment so I'm not afraid to go 88kmh (55mph) on a bicycle and trust me i have taken even bigger risks then that.

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
If you plan on driving this on the road Ipwnr, you might wanna check out the thread in Law and Legislation. New Alberta Law, is showing up on the Legal radar there, like a few our our states down here. I note your from Ontario. You've a few your local people in this thread also who are effected by your legality changes. Course if your just building a racer for the motoized bicycle circuit, pay no attention to this post. But as for the legality, though removing the weight limitations they upped the Gasoline type engine motorized bicycle to Moped according to the thread.[/font][/b]

• ® © † Respectfully,.™,
• Aka;
.flg.
[/font][/b]

Last edited by a moderator:

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
@Kiwegapawa well i do plan on driving it on the road but after i race it and i did my homework and I'm going with 10 tooth on the clutch and 60 tooth at the wheel and at 3600 rpm thats 72kmh (45mph) and i plan on modifying the engine to 7500 rpm wich will get me to 156kmh (97mph) but i don't think i will ever get to go that fast unless i register it as a motorcycle nd i have a list of things that i need and an optional performance list.

total
engine $150 $150
bike $50 $200
clutch $36.29 $236.29
sprocket$29 $265.29
chain $40.66 $305.95
sprocket mount $10 $315.95

Optional things
billet aluminum flywheel$100 $415.95
billet con rod +0.10 $60 $475.95
26lb springs $10 $485.95
reinforced rocker arms $45 $530.95
shipping $40 $570.95
so basically i need $316 + or - $20 for the mount witch i might get free steel for and i have access to a welder so thats the basic price. i plan on finishing this before this summer and hopefully i can get another $200 for the performance mods.

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
just a quick update as i haven't updated in a while i purchased my engine and its a 6.5hp power fist engine, i got my clutch, chain, sprocket, sprocket mount and mechanical disk break calliper. so i have everything but the bike lol. o and while i was breaking in my engine i found out that gas got into my crankcase and is this normal during break in? and i did change the oil right away.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
No, it's not normal to get gas in there. Any idea why it got there?. Nrmaly, a leaky float valve would cause that .But your motor is new, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Did the engine get tilted or knocked over for a while? That could cause the valve to leak too.

How are you breaking in your engine without it being mounted?
It's not normal to try to break in an engine with no load.
In fact, that is the worst way to break one in. The rings won't seat well and it will never run as good as one that has the rings seated early in it's life.
You only have a short time that the honemarks of the cylinder are rough enough to seat the rings well,and the engine needs a load to expand the rings hard against the bore to do the job.
Most high performance engine builders never run the engine but just a few munites to check for leaks knocks ect. before putting it into hard service. Same with aircraft engines. Any time spent idling or running not loaded is polishing the crosshatch hone down instead of wearing the rings in.

ipwnr

Feb 3, 2012
maple, ontario
no when i was breaking it in i was revving it high enough for the clutch to engadge and varying rpm's and i was grabbing the clutch bell with a pair of gloves.