2.5HP chopper update

GoldenMotor.com

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
Howdy my friends!!!! i have just logged 20 full miles on my 2.5hp chopper bike:D its a great feeling too;) well... i want to get your guys opinion on things and i have some questions as well. first off.. after running for about 30 mins. the engine tends to bog and sputter on take off, once running at around 15mph it gets going great and pulls HARD!.. what is causing this you recken guys?? Oh yeah.... HOW DO I GET TO THE COIL ON THIS THING!!!!! i want to swap out the crappy chinese plug wire with something better.. but i cannot figure out how to get down behind the cover where the plug wire goes into.. any help frm you guys is greatly appreciated!!!

Mods include,
straight pipe, holes in airbox, new plug boot and autolite 4123 plug.
Any more mods you fellers know of???
One last thing.. i am now a proud member of the 40mph club:D dance1

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
The hesitation and sputtering is probably because the carb is too lean now that the muffler is removed. Try adding partial choke and see what happens.
If choke makes it run better, and you know the carb is getting fuel good, you will need to re-jet the carb or put the muffler back on.

Is this a 4 stroke 2.5? none of those that I know of have had issues with bad plug wires. Why do you think yours is bad?

If you can't figure out how to get to it to take it off, maybe you shouldnt.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
i like the way you think.. i just heard on here that upgraded plug wire makes these lil 2.5hp greyhounds run/idle a lil bit better.... yeah i done what you said about the choking thing... it did seem to run better and had more power... is it recommended to swap jets or drill the jet itself.... one more thing wayne.. where is the main jet to drill even at on my engine.. i dont know how to post pics or i would....:( lol oh yeah it is a 4 stroke engine btw.. thanks for the reply man =)

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
All these engines are very lean from the factory to comply with the govt. mafia rules.
I drilled out the main jet on my 2.5 3 thousandths and all is well.

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
thanks professor:D one question... where is the main jet on these engines at?.... if you dont mind me asking what mods have you done to your 2.5? i just like hearing what other ppl have done to make their engines more efficient/powerful. :D

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I haven't had to drill my jet yet. Mine runs good with a long pipe and a hotdog mower muff on the end.
-a.JPG

I replace the stock air cleaner with a small aftermarket one.

I think the jet might be removable from the outside of the carb. Not sure but I think that's it the brass thing on the right side of the carb. If that aint it, you will find it in the carb after you remove the bowl

Attachments

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
awesome pics wayne! i like the way you directed your exhaust to make it look more motorcycleish LOL. if you dont mind me asking where did you get that air filter at.. i really like the look of it.... more air in more air out is always a good thing... jetting is just not my strong point LOL XD.. i will take some pics of mine tomorrow and upload em, and see what you guys think:D

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I bought the filter on e-bay cheap. It's made for the 2 stroke HT engine. I had to severly modify the backplate to make it work. Some of the vendors on this page's margins sell filters like this made to fit our engines.

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
lol im back with another crazy question again:/.... i just bought a e3.32 spark plug for my lil engine and it came in a blue package.. do i have the wrong plug or is it just a different look... the box says its for a snowmobile or jetski... it should work the same shouldnt it?...