mongoose 29er sachs 2speed auto

GoldenMotor.com

xtsix

Jan 30, 2011
illinois
well i went to walmart and bought a mongoose 29er the othe night, it was a pretty nice bike, full disc brakes, aluminum frame, decent wheels. and took it home, stripped it and took the bandsaw to it:D chopped the downtube and flipped it to clear the crank case, and notched it to clear the exhaust. kicked out the head tube 1.5* to give it better high speed handling, and welded it all back together. couldnt find any tanks i liked so i built my own from an old aluminum road sign and a filler neck from a 1930s evinrude outboard tank, the engine its self is from a artic cat minibike, its a 47cc 3hp 2 stroke 2 speed automatic, 1st gear is 22.1:1 and second is 11.5:1, with a 12 tooth front sprocket and 26 tooth rear mounted to the hub with the rotor. im running avid elixer hydro brakes with hayes 203mm rotors,it pulls hard off the line and shifts into second at 23mph, i am hitting 47.6 mph in top gear but im pretty shure with a bit of jetting i can get to 50brnot
all i have left is to finish the tank and mount the new brakes

xtsix

Jan 30, 2011
illinois
the engine is off of a 1971 artic cat minibike. they are pretty rare, i think that they were only made in 1971 but there are always parts on ebay.