7 Speed Pantera with aftermarket carb...

GoldenMotor.com

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Good job getting others interested too :D That is a great bike, just BE CAREFUL with having full fenders, I would beef those up if I were you. I recommend the sigma wired digital speedos, they are great quality and I got one at a bike shop for $18. Enjoy :) and be safe :)
Thank you!! Yes, the fenders. I love them but I am brainstorming new truss rods right now... I have gathered a few ideas for the brackets from this forum but have yet to see anything for truss rods. Maybe some flat strap or something super durable. I want to get a digital speedo and mount it inside the analog speedo housing, to maintain the sweet look...

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Went for a ride today and the wind bout blew me out of the saddle!! Also, topped off the tank apparently too much and got a nice spray of petrol all over me doing about 30 mph. Will def remember to not fill so far up. :)
Took some pics too. Will post in a min...

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Been doing a lot of work on my bike lately. Decided to replace the rear wheel with a HD 12 gauge spoke single speed coaster hub wheel so I could use my MM sprocket adapter.

Pretty happy with that... Liked the look of wrapping the exhaust so I did that also. Painted the tank in a two tone fashion, which should add at least two miles per hour to my top speed. :) Swapped the stock spark plug wire out for the Sick Bike Parts HP wire and boot, along with NGK plug. Very noticeable difference in performance, I def recommend!! Modified my rack to sit more parallel to ground so my bags look right now. It will also give me some room for the "lay back" seat post I ordered from Pirate Cycles. Also installed a digital speedo(tried to mount it in old analog speedo housing but gave up on it for now) and got the bike up to 35.9 MPH on a flat with a little(very little!!!) head wind. Now that everything is running good, I am going to focus on some beautification's and eventually try to create my version of a BTR. My upgrade wish-list includes: Springer forks, cream quick brick tires, and possibly try to get a tank made. Took LS614's advice and removed the fenders for now. I am going to shorten the rear fender and fab up a pedestrian slicer for the front fender. I am very open to suggestions at this point, so let me know if any of you guys have any ideas for my project.

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work! I love the little details and great work on the woody rear rack. By the way what is the little pull start thing on the left side?

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Looks great! Bet you're diggin that 4-stroke :D

I just put a pair of those panniers on my pedal bike last week, they are huge!
Yeah those things are huge. I used keep a couple work pull-overs in mine to fluff them out and to keep my stuff from sliding and bouncing around inside. Mine finally fell apart at the seams so I trashed them, but I really beat the **** out of them so I feel I got my $$'s worth.

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
So as cool as my bike looks, the engine went tits up on Monday. I have been trying to get a replacement engine from Bikeberry, but they are saying that it is up to me to tear this thing down and find the problem myself. I don't feel this is acceptable after less than 30 days of owning it. I have talked to them twice on the phone and have been keeping email correspondence with them, but it seems that I am stuck with a broken motor. They will replace any parts that are broken inside of the engine after I do the work, but I say that I'm entitled to a replacement due to the nature of the failure. At this point I'll even pay to ship the broken one back to them and count it as a loss, but we'll see. Anyone have any suggestions? Is this legal? Did I just get screwed? I understand this a diy kit but the main component of the kit, the most important part, is broken. Shouldn't I get a replacement? I think so. I know what it will take to do this, and I just don't think I should have to after a few weeks of owning it. I've had 2 strokes last longer than this and that was the whole reason I shelled out the extra money, so I wouldn't have an engine fail on me. I've been very patient with this company and I'm starting to lose it. If you can't back up your product, don't sell it. Sorry for the rant but I think if anyone would understand, it would be you guys.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
The throttle is from Sick Bike Parts, $20-25? I think and the seat is off of a Felt Hot Wheels cruiser, I got it from Motostrano for $45-50.
Thanks for the response on the parts. That seat is pretty slick looking. But looking at your prior pics, I see you dumped the layback seatpost. Is that because you can't use the layback with a hairpin seat such as the Felt Hot Wheels seat? Doesn't look like a layback would work.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So as cool as my bike looks, the engine went tits up on Monday. I have been trying to get a replacement engine from Bikeberry, but they are saying that it is up to me to tear this thing down and find the problem myself. I don't feel this is acceptable after less than 30 days of owning it..
What exactly is the problem? Tits up could be a good thing. :)

We may be able to help ya fix it.

The Huashengs are good engines, much better than the China 2 strokes.
Is it an engine or a gearbox problem?

The ironic thing is that you are in Montana and could have ordered
a 4G from Bicycle Engines. They have new kits in that have the 100
tooth solid gear and they stand behind their warranty.

Last edited:

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Thanks for the response on the parts. That seat is pretty slick looking. But looking at your prior pics, I see you dumped the layback seatpost. Is that because you can't use the layback with a hairpin seat such as the Felt Hot Wheels seat? Doesn't look like a layback would work.
You are right. When I installed the seat on the layback, the huge springs got in the way, so I tried the seat by it self and I just settled on that. I think if I didn't have the rack it would have worked, but I really like the rack and the seat sits back enough on its own.

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
What exactly is the problem? Tits up could be a good thing. :)

We may be able to help ya fix it.

The Huashengs are good engines, much better than the China 2 strokes.
Is it an engine or a gearbox problem?

The ironic thing is that you are in Montana and could have ordered
a 4G from Bicycle Engines. They have new kits in that have the 100
tooth solid gear and they stand behind their warranty.
What happened was as I was riding it, it made this loud screech all of a sudden and bogged down and died. I pedaled it to the closest gas station and started inspecting it. Nothing abnormal so I tried to start it and the rope wouldn't budge. I called Bikeberry and told them this, and they said to take off the pull start unit and inspect it, so I did and nothing seemed to be wrong. Replaced the pull start unit, tried to start it, and it did fire up. It sounded good too, like it did all along. So I tested it out around the block, and all of a sudden it went POP!! and I stopped and looked down and smoke was coming out of the air cleaner. I knew this was bad, possibly a stuck valve, maybe broken. Something big. Tried to start it again, and it spins, like I can hear the crankshaft and piston moving, but there's no resistance, it just spins. There is no weird sounds coming from the case when I tilt it around, like metal bits or anything. It just spins now. Spark plug is in there good, so thats not the problem.