7 Speed Pantera with aftermarket carb...

GoldenMotor.com

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
My first build... Took me about 2 two days from start to finish, and I can't stop looking at it!!! This baby runs good...Haven't received my speedometer yet, so I have no idea how fast it goes. .wee.

Attachments

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Thanks!! I need some good panniers, but I'll have to wait or make my own. I think that will really complete the look. This bike has given me permanent-grin!!dance1

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
And Here they are...Cheapo panniers from amazon, which seem strong enough. Converted to the old school schwinn 3sp shifter, which gives me the gears I will use most, and other tweaks made to ensure a sweet ride when it finally warms up!!

Attachments

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
They're made by M-Wave, and they received decent reviews for such an affordable set of panniers. Actually took the bike out today-(the main roads were pretty snow and ice-free) and the panniers worked great to carry my tools and extra clothing(just in case it got too cold). some adjustments are needed because the straps are new, and I think they are stretching a lil.

As for the bike, I think it is finally broken in. The chain has kept the same amount of slack, so that is good. The carb spits out gas a lot,(out of these tubes that come out of it) and I don't know if it is because it is a high performance carb or if it can be adjusted or fixed. Because of the gas, it really stinks when I bring it in the house, so I have christened the bike: "Lil' Stinker".

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Very cool. The carb and boost bottle working good? I think I may want those two items on my bike.
Since I've never ran it stock, I couldn't tell if there is a difference :) but the carb clamp cracked today!! I was cruising along and lost power, looked down and carb was detached from intake manifold. I put the stock carb on tonight and I think the clamping system is a lot better. I still believe that the aftermarket carb is nicer, besides the mounting system. I might plug the hole for the boost bottle one of these days just to see the difference.

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
I took out the Lil' Stinker and spun some donuts on the frozen parking lotdnut

The stock carb seems to run better? Really weird. I don't know a whole bunch about these engines, but I think this is the case. Anyways, it's broken now and so I must move on with the stock carb. Now I need to change the title of this thread...

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Did a complete run through on my bike...everything looks good. So far I have: changed the carb to the stock carb from high performance, beefed up the fender mounts, extended the turn signal box so I can use my thumb to activate,re mounted tail light to give a more stream lined appearance, readjusted chain(had a little too much slack), and put in its fourth tank of gas. Desperately need a sprocket adapter that will fit my hub though. When I ordered my parts I didn't take into account that the MM sprocket adapter that I ordered was for the coaster brake hub, not the 7 sp hub. So now I have a sweet sprocket adapter that doesn't fit!!! Pretty sure I procrastinated too long on sending it back and ran out my return time limit, so if anyone wants to trade...I can measure my hub at my buddy's shop and see what I need for diameter.
All in all, I love and hate this bike. It has been a true learning experience and I'm sure I will learn more. Thanks to all in this forum because if it wasn't for you I would have to ask around and nobody I know has ever built one of these. :)

Poopyboogin420

Feb 4, 2011
Montana
Drove the Lil' Stinker to my buddy's house and let him check it out... He is VERY interested in my bike and wants to build his own. These bikes are great! Decided(with some persuasion from my friend) to fab a new tensioner and get rid of the stock setup. Also going to look into a smaller tooth sprocket for some more top speed. Again, these bikes are friggin' GREAT!!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Drove the Lil' Stinker to my buddy's house and let him check it out... He is VERY interested in my bike and wants to build his own. These bikes are great! Decided(with some persuasion from my friend) to fab a new tensioner and get rid of the stock setup. Also going to look into a smaller tooth sprocket for some more top speed. Again, these bikes are friggin' GREAT!!
yep these bikes are a blast....Thanks for sending me the link for the helmet....
John.wee.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Good job getting others interested too :D That is a great bike, just BE CAREFUL with having full fenders, I would beef those up if I were you. I recommend the sigma wired digital speedos, they are great quality and I got one at a bike shop for $18. Enjoy :) and be safe :)