For Sale: EZ Motorbike Silent Drive (Manual Clutch) w/Huasheng 49cc 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas
For Sale: NEW: EZ Motorbike Silent Drive kit: 49 cc 4 stroke: Reduced $490

I have a new-in-the-box EZ Motorbike (Made in the USA) Manual Clutch "Silent Drive" kit.

This is a complete kit with the Huasheng 4 stroke, Universal engine mounting plate, and all the related bits needed to motorize a bike. US engineered and built.

No Gear noise, durable Belt primary and full control of your engine power engagement/disengagement (unlike automatic clutches). Can also change internal pulley size to change the drive ratio if you need to pull a heavy load or climb lots of big hills.

$600 list; Reduced::::$490 Plus Shipping

Brian in Austin.

Last edited:

midwestautoparts

Dec 30, 2010
Fort Wayne
Hello Brian!

I may be interested in your offer. I didn't know if the kit has been sold yet or not.
Is the Huasheng engine one of the new ones that has the 12v Generator with it?
If there is any additional info you could tell me that would be great!

Let me know what the best way to contact you is.

Thanks!
Jeff xct2

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas
Hello Brian!

I may be interested in your offer. I didn't know if the kit has been sold yet or not.
Is the Huasheng engine one of the new ones that has the 12v Generator with it?
If there is any additional info you could tell me that would be great!

Let me know what the best way to contact you is.

Thanks!
Jeff xct2
Hey Jeff. Its still available. dont know whether it has a 12v gen or not. I could probably find out if that is critical. My phone is 512-913-3969

midwestautoparts

Dec 30, 2010
Fort Wayne
Thanks for the info Brian.

If it has yellow and white wires coming from the engine, they go to a rectifier/regulator that the builder supplies. That changes the AC to DC and regulates it for an electrical system with battery.

Has anything been installed yet, or is it still packed up in the box?

Thanks for the reply yesterday.

Happy Holidays!
Jeff

Hi Guys,

If it is the original EZM kit, it will not have the charging system.

It however sounds like it is one of the rare manual clutch drive versions [less than 100 produced] called "Silent Power", and has a few features not offered on the later Q-Matic system.

The "Silent Power" was thinner, had additional space to increase the secondary pulley up to 6", and offered a wider selection of primary belts.

Drive is considered to be "rare" and hard to pry from original owners. The original MSRP was $649.00.

Have fun,

aberndt

Oct 1, 2009
nebraska
Hawaii 87
I have an original silent drive transmission; I put about 350-400 miles on it and then changed over to the Qmatic on my bike. Also the final drive was changed to a belt drive but have the original sprocket some where. My bike is the orange springer schwinn on the EZ site before I changed the final drive. PM me or call at 402-489-2175, I am on central time zone. Price is right for just the transmission. .
alberndt

Hi hawaii 87,

It will work on all HS 142 motors with the 15 MM and 15.8 MM shaft and the Honda GXH50. There are at least 2 versions of the 4G, one works on the Honda GXH50 and HS motors with the 5/8" [15.8MM] shaft, and the other with the HS short tapered shaft motor.

We have designed an adapter and crankshaft extension kit to convert the tapered shaft motor to a 3/4" output shaft. We are currently shopping bids from fabracation shops to establish a price, and hope to have it available soon.

The rare "Silent Power" drive has a manual clutch [idler system controls belt shape] that tensions the primary belt via a spring loaded idler arm. It is controlled by a clutch lever on the left side of the handlebar. The "Silent Power" drive also allowed far more ratio options than the later "Q-Matic" automatic drives. You could increase the primary ratio pulley up to 6" and the secondary chain output from 9 or 10 teeth, setting up ratios from 19.67 X 1 to 15.45 X 1. It could easily be changed to rear belt drive with a simple exchange of the chain sprocket to a v belt pulley.
One of the EZM dealers used a "Silent Power" drive on the HF 79 CC motor and it worked really well [and fas too].

I still have my original "Silent Power" drive hanging on my shop wall and think I will keep it for future projects.

Have fun,

Last edited:

aberndt

Oct 1, 2009
nebraska
I believe the grubee 4 g and the EZ use the same 4 cycle engine so it should bolt right up. If not the plate can be measured and drilled to fit. Why did I switch, I have three motor bikes and two son in laws that are city born and bred with absolutely no knowledge of clutches and do not ride all that often. The qmatic allowed me to let them ride what ever they wanted with out killing it all the time from uncoordinated use of the clutch.
I was also intrigued with the qmatic and am a tinkerer. I had another EZ silent drive as well and sold it to a bike shop that is building a pacing bike for road racers. Never had a problem with either one of them or the qmatic for that matter. They wanted to be able to hold a steady speed for training. I am tinkering with a couple o whizzers as well and converting another bike I was going to put this back on to an electric.

al

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Thank you all for the info. Thyis is what this place is all about. I want a four stroke but I want a manual clutch. I just like the feeling the and such plus I think there is more control with the motor. Quenton you are "The Man" with your info. Are there parts in case of breakdown??? Aberndt I love your bike, sweet and simple build. I would really like that setup. Please pm me with a price and shipping to "92101"

All drives made by EZM are backwards compatable, meaning current production parts in inventory will fit all drives. If you need anything just contact any EZ dealer. Also consider many parts can be purchased via hardware stores, auto parts, etc.

Have fun,