GT1 just finished

GoldenMotor.com

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Just finished my new project the GT1 cruiser one of the best bikes to convert [ mmb imports Sydney ] plus the shifter kit from Sick Bike Parts with a nexus 8 speed internal hub, 6 volt lighting blinkers brake and head light [home made couldn't find a descent one so i made my own ] all getting pushed along with a SKYHAWK GO SICK"EM

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Just finished my new project the GT1 cruiser one of the best bikes to convert [ mmb imports Sydney ] plus the shifter kit from Sick Bike Parts with a nexus 8 speed internal hub, 6 volt lighting blinkers brake and head light [home made couldn't find a descent one so i made my own ] all getting pushed along with a SKYHAWK GO SICK"EM here are some photos, hope they come out and lets not grow up.

auflg

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Beauty! You didn't cut any corners. Give us a followup post in a few months to let us know how durable the rear Nexus hub is.

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
been for a couple of rides first few for five min yesterday 25 km from Blacksmiths Beach to Wallsend then 25 km back, went like a dream, very smooth. Have you tried cns carb with a ngk bpr7hs spark plug , great combo
GT1 BEACH CRUISER
A BIKE THAT DESIGNED FOR MOTORISING
Say good bye to wheel buckling and frame snapping when you own one of those
***** DOUBLE WALL RIMS WITH CNC SIDE WALL.
Most other cheap bikes don’t come with double wall rims that’s why they don’t last and get buckled easily.
***** HEAVY DUTY FRAME 1.8MM THICK.
Other bikes don’t have 1.8mm thick frame, usually 1.1mm or 1.2mm, that’s why they snap after a short time.
*****12G HD STAINLES STEEL SPOKES.
99% of bikes in Australia has a 14g, which is thinner and less strong than the 12g, which makes the wheel weaker and don’t last.
*****HD HUBS FRONT AND BACK.
Other bikes don’t have HD hubs because they are not designed for motorising, that makes the hub fall a part in short time.
pick up is available and free of charge.
***** FRONT ZOOM SUSPENTION.
Well known brand name to all of us.
***** 3 BRAKING SYSTEM, 1 V CALIPER AND 1 DRUM BRAKES AND FRON DISC BRAKES, AWSOM TRIPLE
***** NO MORE MODS TO FIT ENGINE KITS.
The 2 stroke and 4 stroke kits will fit on these bikes very easily because they designed for each other, say good bye to long hours work to assembly and mods.
***** VERY COMFRTABLE TO RIDE DUE TO ITS COMFY SEAT AND STEERING WHEEL. GT1 BEACH CRUISER

and the shifter kit from sick bike parts [America] Sick Bike Parts LLC - Performance parts for your motorized bicycle
good exchange rate at the moment $$$
i have also got a Special 6 volt Magneto Coil Charger For Motorized Bicycles and a 6 Volt Electrical Generator for Motorized Bicycle Lights on order 6 Volt Electrical Generator for Motorized Bicycle Light - eBay (item 400109304267 end time Dec-09-10 23:35:57 PST)

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
That is a good looking bike.

GT1 seems to make a really stout bike and a good foundation for motorizing ... even though their claims that every other bike out there is going to end up with folded wheels, snapped frames and exploded hubs is a bit of a stretch. Hard to take a company seriously when they claim their bike has a steering wheel!

In spite of their hot air, it does look like a fine bike and yours sure turned out great.

Last edited:

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
yes, i do agree and they can't spell very well and terminology for things my be a bit off but still the GT1 is designed for these engines and that dose make life much easier

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
One of the things to note is the frame for the front mount, it is tapered in to fit the front mount of the engine [not after market during construction] so no mo mods to fit.
I have built two before the GT1 and riding them for eleven years.

Last edited:

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
If you have vibration problems try lead flushing sheets [the stuff you put around skylights on the roof] for shims or spacers around the frame and or SELLEYS knead it steel polymer repair system is excellent for uneven gaps or wedged gaps on the front support but remember to put tap around frame before applying then remove after it dries

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You added the fenders....the GT1 didn't come with them, right? Nice looking build....sounds like it went together effortlessly. How about a GT2 next? Don't think I've seen one here yet.....

richardk

Oct 24, 2010
Houston,TX
Tony, all the Gt1 and GT2's I am seeing here don't have the front disc break, don't know why. I will be on the phone Monday tho with nall info you sent me. The rear rim is differnt correct? Let me know please, richard

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
from as far as i can see it is the same rim but yes i don't know why they have no disk brake or suspension seat post but they are not to hard to find as long as you have the frame

richardk

Oct 24, 2010
Houston,TX
Tony, thanks for the reply so fast, I didn't see the seat post wasn't there, but even if I have to add the disc break and the seat post my cost will still be under what yours cost right? I just want it put together right the frist time and any mistakes I make and lessions I learn will be on mine not my wifes. Hers comes next, think I am putting a 4 cycle on hers tho, so I can just pull and she go's. No what I ment about a differnt rim you had said you did something to the back of yours for the shifter correct? And what kind of derailer do you think I should use, I want something built proof, something that will aways stay on and I don't have problems out of. Let me know what you think, if you don't mind. Richard