Don't do wheelies with rack mount kits...

GoldenMotor.com

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
...Especially if you have a non twist throttle. I was riding my BMP bike around, and feeling stupid, i pulled it WOT and pulled back on the bike. it wheelied, and i could not let off because i have the lever throttle. the bike continued to wheelie... i fell off backwards.

I'm alright, my big toe got skinned (through my shoe and sock) and my knee got a brushburn (it hurts worse than the toe).

My bike, however... the screw for the pivot on my BMP is bent (still works kinda) and the whole kit is swayed sideways (the aluminum bars that go on the rack mounts got tweaked a little) but its fixable with no new parts (excepting the screw). my rear derailleur is bent, but still functions in 6th and 7th gear (until i figure out how to fix it, over the winter ill pull the engine stuff off and take it to the bike shop if i can't)

Only do wheelies on frame mount kits...

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i did the same thing with a Chinese ht and i must say the twist grip was just as bad cause it had to hold on to the handle bars causing me to accelerate further i was wearing shorts and skinned my leg really bad well it didn't hurt to bad just itched like crazy for weeks

good luck man road burns are the worst cause you cant really itch em