Felt Slater Motorized Bicycle Project

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Re: Felt Slater MB Project

That thing will be sweet. I have plans on building a FELT next as well that some will love and many others will hate, but we will see when done. Any pics of the tank process? And just a heads up if anyone up north wants to come down to SD we are having a 40mile ride 11-20-2010. Are rides are getting bigger and better everytime. Some day the LA and SD guys got to hook up to plan a SoCal version of the death race. I've been talking to some POC (Porsche owners club) members about how to go about renting apart of Qualcom's parking lot, they hold autocross there once a month. Still a dream for now. Looks like a winner Norm.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

I almost got the Slater done today... I still need to make a hanger for the pipe & some other minor things.
I got to take it around the block a few times & it runs real nice! :)
Here's a quick pic....

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California

Very nice norm.... hey how does that fork work? i mean is the geometry good, and does it really smooth out the ride? reason i ask is i have that felt flyer now and it needs a fork.... was guessing felts frame geometry is close on their cruisers....you probably know for sure though....what are your thoughts?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Very nice norm.... hey how does that fork work? i mean is the geometry good, and does it really smooth out the ride? reason i ask is i have that felt flyer now and it needs a fork.... was guessing felts frame geometry is close on their cruisers....you probably know for sure though....what are your thoughts?

The Felt fork is awesome!!! get one! (^)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

It turned out very nice and clean with no tensioners on the chains. I'll bet it's plenty fast with that gearing too. Great job....it's a real beauty! I hope to see it in person one day soon, cheers!(^)

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

Here's a update on the Slater.... I finally finished it!! :)
I made one of my rear offset steel engine mounts because the aluminum AMPT mount was causing the engine to vibrate too much; while I was at it, I swapped out the engine for a new RAW 'slant head' that I fully ported the inside of. I also made one of my 'lay back' seat posts for it.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

The seat post answer is easy... I cut & welded it myself.
As for the tank, there are several threads here on different ways that others have done it; (the way I do it is a bit of a secret for now.) If you want me to do one for you?, just give me a call.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Quick question for you? How'd you seal the ends of the tank...?
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/looking-how-felt-top-tube-fuel-12710.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/biker-build-off-11941-4.html#post135702

'cept ofc this potential problem;

...i've been told to use jb weld.....then told when you use the tank seal it causes the jb weld to turn gummy and leak...any tips or insight will be appreciated.....

Last edited:

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX

The seat post answer is easy... I cut & welded it myself.
As for the tank, there are several threads here on different ways that others have done it; (the way I do it is a bit of a secret for now.) If you want me to do one for you?, just give me a call.
I was just curious if you were/are going to share the info? It is pretty cost prohibitive for most people to strip down their bike, box it up, ship it both ways plus pay for whatever labor involved.

Throw a guy a bone, jeeze. Maybe you could make an instruction manual an sell it if money is your priority, but to just hold the knowledge for the sake of it is kind of uncool. Just sayin.

BTW I have checked out your website, you make some awesome bikes dude.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Sweet Bike Norm, How do you rate the forks to the Beefy ones? Do You make adapters for them? I think I want to do one of these Felts at some point>> Nice Work

Cheers