I love living in the desert !!!

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I finally had a cam with me on one of my stress-relief rides from Fountain Hills to Rio Verde

the road is curvey, and up n down a lot,,,makes it a fun ride with a great view

I love the desert scenery and terrain

it is a really nice, 45mph, low traffic road to a retirement/golf community

the bike lane is wide and pretty smooth, they only paved it a couple of years ago

BTW,,,lots more pics in my photobucket album if ya want to see more

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
That's a beaut of a city there Bill, can't wait to ride through there. I'll be looking you up when I get closer to my trip time, hopefully here at the first week(maybe 2nd) of August. L8R.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Bairdco,

You are so right, I have lived in Tucson & the East Valley since 1986. The heat really sucks; especially right now.

However, when the temps go down, so comes the traffic. To enjoy the serenity that Bill has, I guess you can deal with the heat; it's a trade off.

I leaving here to visit my neices in Los Osos, CA next month; looking forward to the pleasant temps. Then it's just one more month (September) until cooler temps.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I live in the North West valley and it is starting to get a tad bit uncomfortable.
114 yesterday and 92 right now at 6:20AM.
I know even you find that warm Bill ;-}

I had to move my bike building indoors from the patio because even with the misters it is just too uncomfortable to be wrenching outdoors.

That's OK, I have room, and I found for the most part I can keep everything I need in that box top and use that little glass finger bowl for whatever little parts I am using at the time and keep the area pretty clutter free.

This is the Grumbee GT1 bike and GT2B 48cc motor build I am currently working on.

Now if I could just come up with a swamp cooler for motorized bikes I could actually ride one at 4 in the afternoon ;-}

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i love az i grew up in wyo and it gets cold there. right now im sitting at 9500 feet elevation in the southern rockies of co it is 53 degrees outside and raining,but the great thing is i can be in az or nm in about an hour, even at the house which is at 71k it will be about 75 today will be coming to mesa again sometime soon, i just love it down there put me on the desert looking for gold any day and i am a happy camper, frank

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
hot weather means the lights gotta work ...
so I can ride at night ;)

it is hot enough that during our recent move, I passed out and did the chicken for approx 2mins (cracked my head and broke a tv with my face) :(

no more long days in the heat for me !!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Was you a Wallace & Ladmo watcher too?
I had a Ladmo Bag I kept for years from going to the studio, so ya, grew up with them too Adam.

Bill, don't mentioned moving in the heat...
We have been in this house 17 years and raised our son here.
I have also run my computer biz and now my new bike biz from here, and have to move out in 30 days.

Long story, and I am not looking forward to having to go through it, but when life keeps throwing you curve balls you can strike out, hit it, or take one to the head and take your base.
I'll let you know next month how I did.