SBP 4 Stroke Shift Kit Release

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Good idea in theory but there is a 1.7 to 1 reduction on the left side currently so running the gear box output shaft directly to the right side will eliminate this added reduction which would require you to run about a 70 tooth sprocket on your chainring. I don't think we have enough ground clearance for that.
I was thinking this application using a 3-speed coaster brake hub, not a multi-gear derailleur
set-up, then maybe run a 52t front chainring (rather than a 70t) and a 22t on the rear. Or something like that.....

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
just found this thread realy pumped up about this i love the idea of shifting and chooseing the speeds that you find desirable so new question but are you still ablot to pedal the wheels at all with this thing ?

saw a couple vids of the 2 strokers online doing 50 mph little excessive for me on a bike but cool to know the 4 stroke could possibly do 40 with a kit id imagine

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
just found this thread realy pumped up about this i love the idea of shifting and chooseing the speeds that you find desirable so new question but are you still ablot to pedal the wheels at all with this thing ?

saw a couple vids of the 2 strokers online doing 50 mph little excessive for me on a bike but cool to know the 4 stroke could possibly do 40 with a kit id imagine
YES - you can still pedal. No issues.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
As a 1 year proud owner of a MaB with a 4G and a shift kit, I can honestly say it's a blast!

My only issue is that the gearing for true pedal assist is way off. Either the 17T needs to be bigger (not enough room tho), or both front sprockets need to be bigger! I'm looking at 44/80.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
As a 1 year proud owner of a MaB with a 4G and a shift kit, I can honestly say it's a blast!

My only issue is that the gearing for true pedal assist is way off. Either the 17T needs to be bigger (not enough room tho), or both front sprockets need to be bigger! I'm looking at 44/80.
you wouldnt by any chance have a video of this beast for the group ?

so we can all drool and go aghhh at it

whats your top speed with it

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
No vids of it in action, but it makes an appearance on 2 of my brother's videos: Muffler test and a short look at it on his Belt test.

Top speed is theoretically 40 (8000 RPM), but I've never had it over 36 (7200 RPM). It will only do that if I duck really low and/or have a tailwind.
With no wind at all, it won't do more than 32-33 without ducking. Maybe I have a weak Huasheng, but I spend most my time at 20-29 anyway.
What my setup does best is storm from 0-20MPH quickly while making sweet visceral music. I look forward to stop signs :D

If you want to see pics, check my profile. "OCD" has her own album!

you wouldnt by any chance have a video of this beast for the group ?

so we can all drool and go aghhh at it

whats your top speed with it