This was a first!!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
DOOOOOOD..... It happened again!?!? (except this time I found it before the carb broke off.)
I was checking for a air leak, & when I pulled the carb off, two of the little tabs fell off.
I'm guessing it's either a bad manifold or the air filter is too heavy... (or both?) :rolleyes:

I'm gonna swap 'em both & keep ya'll posted...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
DOOOOOOD..... It happened again!?!? (except this time I found it before the carb broke off.)
I was checking for a air leak, & when I pulled the carb off, two of the little tabs fell off.
I'm guessing it's either a bad manifold or the air filter is too heavy... (or both?) :rolleyes:

I'm gonna swap 'em both & keep ya'll posted...
Guess you'd better pick up some JB too. :)
Tom

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I did a test on a old carb with a broken tab and jb-welded it to a intake(i tryed chrome and cast grey intake). I let it dry overnight. It lasted around 1 day on my bike and the carb loosened from the intake, i guess the jb-weld does not stick good to our intakes, but it does stick to our carbs and copper pipe.

I guess its good i have 2 carbs,1 with broken tab and one good one.
I guess the broken one will stay in my parts box.

How come no one is selling the new carbs that does not require a intake, i only see them sold with certain kits. Someone please sell them and we will have no more broken tabs.

Attachments

Last edited: