Overflow!

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I have the no-name cns etc carby running sweet for the last month or so but the last few days have been around the 40 deg c range, when i turn it off fuel runs out the overflow. Not a little but alot, i noticed it when there was a 2 foot round puddle on the road. restarts fine is this normal for really hot days?

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
I have the no-name cns etc carby running sweet for the last month or so but the last few days have been around the 40 deg c range, when i turn it off fuel runs out the overflow. Not a little but alot, i noticed it when there was a 2 foot round puddle on the road. restarts fine is this normal for really hot days?
Hi stvg1jzgte, (how do you pronounce that?)
You must be somewhere near me - on the East coast by the sound of it. I've been roasting too.
(I'm in Nowra, NSW)

No one's replied yet? I don't have a CNS carb, only an NT, but they're all essentially the same in this respect. No that's not normal, for any carby. It sounds like there's some c r a p in your float needle's seat. I doubt if the temp. has anything to do with it - probably coincidence.
Pull the carb down and give it a good wash with petrol or carb cleaner, then blow it out with air if that's possible. Check for visible wear on the needle. If it's too bad, replace the needle. How old is the carb?
Put it back together and hopefully, problem solved.
The other possibility is a high float level. Less likely. If it was OK before, it would take a **** of a jolt to bend it. You haven't dropped it hard or hit something?

... Steve

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Hi stvg1jzgte, (how do you pronounce that?)
You must be somewhere near me - on the East coast by the sound of it. I've been roasting too.
(I'm in Nowra, NSW)

No one's replied yet? I don't have a CNS carb, only an NT, but they're all essentially the same in this respect. No that's not normal, for any carby. It sounds like there's some c r a p in your float needle's seat. I doubt if the temp. has anything to do with it - probably coincidence.
Pull the carb down and give it a good wash with petrol or carb cleaner, then blow it out with air if that's possible. Check for visible wear on the needle. If it's too bad, replace the needle. How old is the carb?
Put it back together and hopefully, problem solved.
The other possibility is a high float level. Less likely. If it was OK before, it would take a **** of a jolt to bend it. You haven't dropped it hard or hit something?

... Steve
Haha funny stv or steve is also my name the 1jzgte is a motor of another car i put in my car! hence the stv1jzgte!
Im in Sydney near Parramatta.

Anyway your spot on with the diagnosis, i guess i get on here everytime a prob arises freakin out HELP!
Having thought about it it has happened before with the nt only pouring out the front of the carb. Sure enough when i blew air though the feed tube a chunk of crap flew out. Whacked it back together... all sweet again.

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Haha funny stv or steve is also my name the 1jzgte is a motor of another car i put in my car! hence the stv1jzgte!
Im in Sydney near Parramatta.

Anyway your spot on with the diagnosis, i guess i get on here everytime a prob arises freakin out HELP!
Having thought about it it has happened before with the nt only pouring out the front of the carb. Sure enough when i blew air though the feed tube a chunk of crap flew out. Whacked it back together... all sweet again.
Good one, fellow Steve. It's almost always the simple things.

I figured you were probably nearby, when you mentioned the heat.
It's finally cooling now, at 2.45am, so I'm off to bed.

Still surprised that no one helped earlier - diagnosis and cure couldn't have been simpler.

... Steve