2 stroke vs 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well this is my 2cents on the whole deal, i had a 66cc zoom bicycle engine and i rode it for a year, it was decent, small and fairly good on gas, it did 40kph nicely and would do 50 uncomfortably, it did 30 on the hills and stalled on sydenham hill(a friggen mountain!)

it was noisy, loud and annoying, gave me a headache, oh and the vibrations made me numb in minutes, but nonetheless it was a great bike! now i just got my 4 stroke from 80ccmotorboys, and even running lean and needed to be half choked to run this thing rips! it does over 60 on the flats and will do 55-60 on almost any hill that my 2 stroke did 30, and on sydenham it pulls!! it drops to about 40 but it hauls, also the vibrations are minimal and the sound, how can you not love that growl? this 4 stroke sounds mean and in the high rpms it sounds like an f1 car or a ninja bike!! i will never go back to a 2 stroke again! the only down side is its large and i hit my legs when i pedal(but i dont need to do that anymore right?) also it is 10x better on gas, and i can just pull up to a pump, it cost me 1.77 to filler-up!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
If only I could get past the appearance...how is the torque comparison wise?
like your riding down a 40 degree hill always!! the torque is amazing, and there is no crappy powerband like the 2 stroke models, all the torque is there from the getgo all the way to the 7000th rpm!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
and the pull start is nice, and so is the clutch, the engine goes on in like 10 minutes, just 4 bolts, the gas line and the throttle cable, no cdi or others, its a great engine! and i happen like the appearance,

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
o.o

I haz a 2smoker mountain bike... :D

I'd love to see some of the choppers on the wicked trails we have around here, function denotes form lol

To each their own I figure (^)
Im here in texas were there are no real trails,so I dont need a mountain bike,but im sure they are great on the trails....I drive a beach cruiser and it does what I need and looks cool to....I do all my driving on the streets....I would like to get a board tracker style in the future,but with my current finances it looks like I will be getting a cranbrook or something....I do have a 64 spaceliner that I would like to build(I have 2 new Raw engine kits that came in a couple of weeks ago)so I should be building something in the next couple of weeks....
John-John

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
I've been ridin' my 2-stroke raw kit for a while and it does the same thing my kawasaki dirt bike does, BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, the weed eater noise gets fatiguing! Also, since when do motorized bicycles look cool? In my opinion (which is just useless opinion) the four-strokers have a "distinct" look I kinda like. (also they don't stink like 2 stroke oil) but I don't own a four-stroke kit, but I am thinking on ordering one so I can put my money where my mouth is.

motor_head

Dec 18, 2008
iowa
well the 2 strokes seem to be more popular but most likely only because of price and the 50cc law, a 50cc 2 stroke makes more power than a 50cc 4 stroke. personally i like 4 strokes but a better made 2 stroke is just fine too, not the china kit crap even my mcculloch weedeater motor on my bike is a whole lot better than the china girl kits

mixing is kind of anoying but not that bad
a 4 stroke of the same hp rating is always more efficient than a 2 smoke

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well the 2 strokes seem to be more popular but most likely only because of price and the 50cc law, a 50cc 2 stroke makes more power than a 50cc 4 stroke. personally i like 4 strokes but a better made 2 stroke is just fine too, not the china kit crap even my mcculloch weedeater motor on my bike is a whole lot better than the china girl kits

mixing is kind of anoying but not that bad
a 4 stroke of the same hp rating is always more efficient than a 2 smoke

maybe some other 2 strokes are more powerfull but compaired to my 80cc chinese 2 stroke this 4 stroke is loads more power!