Who gonna bail me out?

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Man I thought I'd heard it all...jay walking tickets ect. Try a ticket for not wearing socks in Dallas in the middle of the summer (I was wearing sandles)

Well I thought I'd try goin before a judge and reducing my fine for the haneous crime and dang if I forgot the date...thought it was next week so you guessed it I now have a warrant for my arrest in Dallas for NOT WEARIN SOX!

Now it is $259 instead of $195. FYI I was operating a taxi cab and it is against regulations but there is such a thing as warning tickets. In the 2 months before I got this ticket 3 cab drivers were killed doin there job. Pretty forked up set of scruples in Dallas if you ask me.

.flg.rmfla

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
That sounds like a blue law. kind of like the one where it's against the law to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket.

Here in Michigan no man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison. Guess I dodged a bullet on that one a couple of times. laff

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Update: I called the jail I could report to to serve my time and the cop said yes I have a warrant but no judge had signed it yet so I could not turn myself in...this is like playin chess! The only way to resolve it is to pay the fine. The cop said there is no telling how long it could take for a judge to sign the warrant...bottom line they wants yer money not yer time N jail. Biggest problem is if you get pulled over and arrested they tow your car!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lord! Is this really possible? Truly unbelievable. Makes ya wanna build an ark and set off for some deserted island.

Just dumbfounded.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan, even better than that last one I posted or a lot more scary.

We have the Winter Olympics here in 2010. Not only has it nearly bankrupted the Province a lot of our civil rights have been suspended.

Any trucks that are going into the Olympic Venue area and are not an Olympic sponser have to have thier logos blocked out or they can not be in the area delivering.

The Olympic restaurant who have been here for some 30 years were told they have to take thier sign down.

Live in an Olympic venue area in Whistler where the games are being held or in Vancouver where some of the Venue is being held you have to have a special pass to get home and a pass/sticker to park your car. You have to pass through 3 check points to get there

Are you protesting the Olympics? Well we now have a special police just for you.
They can kick you door in and take your signs ect. and arrest you without a warrent.
They can also bother anyone who knows you, anywhere, anytime.

Want a suite in the best hotel in Vancouver? Sorry thats been reserved for the heads of the Oympic Committee.

Live in BC and want tickets to the games your grand kids will be paying for? You want f*cking what!!!!!!

Want the best one? We will have a US war ship in the harbour of Vancouver and US troops patroling the streets. Seems it's part of Homeland Security.

Steve.

Last edited:

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Want the best one? We will have a US war ship in the harbour of Vancouver and US troops patroling the streets. Seems it's part of Homeland Security.

Steve.
Fess Up. You know you want to be an American, Think of all the money you will save on not HAVING to have all those French signs you can't read.

It could be worse, they could force you to drink American beer, IN TEN OUNCE BOTTLES.dnut

I wonder if there was a requirement that the socks be worn on the feet.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
It was more like a meter maid except in charge of taxi cabs.

Here's an exert from a thread I started on immigration and cabbies:
1. There are gypsy rogue cab drivers all over the country
2. In Dallas Tx. they do not do ANY citizenship check not so much as a SS card this is due to to the fact no cab driver in Dallas works for any company they are self employed sole proprieters. They do a DMV and criminal check and a 1 day class which costs the driver $35...$10 for a suburban Plano Tx. license. I know this as I was a cab driver in Dallas for about 8 months.

IMHO this is a huge security issue. I am not saying these drivers are a bunch of sleeper cells but they sure as heck could be.

Cabbies? - Legal Immigration - Page 2 - City-Data Forum (The post is mine from George_of_the Jungal)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Had **** getting back on the site. Everything worked but I couldn't post anything. Kept saying I was putting in the wrong pass word so got one from the site. no good. next one, no good, then it worked posted a couple of things then it quit.
Tried it just now and it's working. Think the mods worked some magic. Thank you!

This all started right after I wrote about the Olympics!!!!

Dan, where do I send the chips? I'll even bring my own oars.

Lordoflightaz, I lived in the US for 23 wonderful years. Moved back here because of health problems and I hadn't seen my family in 20 years. My Mom fell and broke her hip at 95 and was asking me to come home. That was the Royal Command for me. She recovered well and hits 98 at Christmas. Says it's the Brandy.

The signs in French are only in Quebec. They like to remind themselves that they are surrounded by savages who don't speak the lingo.

I never found a bad beer yet, even after years of research, but 10oz cans are a downright insult. If they are as ashamed of thier product as that, dont make it.

There are worse things up here than American beer. They want you to pay $38-$42 a case of 24 of it.

Forced us to make our own and then we found out what good beer was.

SOCKS? Who can afford socks when your payin prices like that?

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Had **** getting back on the site. Everything worked but I couldn't post anything. Kept saying I was putting in the wrong pass word so got one from the site. no good. next one, no good, then it worked posted a couple of things then it quit.
Tried it just now and it's working. Think the mods worked some magic. Thank you!
That happens to me sometimes were it will not except my password... I dont know what to tell you? I just keep trying tell it does.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well here we go the things officially an active warrant...went from $195 fine I can't afford to $259 when I missed my court date (Yet another haneous act on my part) to an alias warrant for $309 now. All for not wearing socks in the summer time driving a cab.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The judge told me I was not allowed to speak in public, talk on line or have any contact with "decent folks"

No sence of humor, them guys