New comfy oversised harley seat on my motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Re: New comfy oversised harley seat on my mb

I had a bannana seat on it with about 6" of dense foam added but it still wasn't comfortable for long periods of time. This is I took off for a test ride this morning. Just a short run I thought. This thing felt so comfy that I just kept going, barely made it back in time to get clean up for work.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.

The way I mounted it I can easily take it off and put the regular bannana back on. If i did that it would only be for looks. This one functions just fine and is very comfortable. I can pedal fine. It has so far as I can see no drawback besides looks. The weekend trip will tell.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Comfort Is Number One For Me! I Bought A "sofa" Seat, But Thinking Of Using A Seat Off One Of My Trikes. Be Hard To Beat Your Setup, Back Rest Maybe. Good Sharing. Ron

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Bicycle seats were never meant for long distance rides, and when you have a skinny, boney bottom like mine you need all the padding you can get. Here is a seat I built for my Jaguar. I did the stitching myself so it leaves something to be desired for looks but it sure is comfy on rides over rough or smooth surfaces. It's sort of a banana style and is filled with a very high density foam made for motorcycle seats. Some day I'm going to let a real upholstery guy sew up a seat cover for it, but until then my 'frankinstein' stiching will do.
Tom

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Wow! Ummmm....
It looks like you attached a bicycle underneath your Harley seat.
I cannot argue the point on comfort, but daaaaammmmm that seat is bigger than the bike! :D
All ribbing aside, necessity is the mother of invention.
I bet you could ride for 10 hours a time and never get monkey butt!
I always have said that form follows function.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Ok, it has to be said.

Your bike can really haul a$$ now! laff

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.

Thanks guys, 2door your seat looks nice. I tried that with my bannana seat. I added 6" of foam to it from another motorcycle seat but it still didnt feel very nice. Yea it looks very ridiculous but if feels very nice. When we get done with this ride this weekend all they guys in the pack will be hunting one up for theirs next time. It really does work great plenty of room and can still pedal fine. I went to town this morning to pay bills rode on and off for about 2 hrs.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Man - you NEED the folding armrests you see on the full dressers!

That thing has got to be sooo comfy, that's awesome :D

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.

Well gotta say yes it looks like crap. I also have to say for the first 45 miles of our trip saturday my backside was very comfy, then all **** broke loose. I boosted off in front of everyone else to video them coming by stopped. Taped them, then got back on to catch up noticed a sound, exhaust broke, no biggie. rehung the muffler with some wire. took back off again, they had pulled over and my bike was running great, had it topped out. I went to slow down with the coaster and it about threw me over the handle bars. Snapped the brake arm clean off the loosened the bearings on the rear wheel. Thanks to Mike I got to finish the trip up there but not on my bike I rode his. Very good bike but it sure made me miss that road king seat.

XFired

Dec 29, 2009
Waterloo Ontario
New comfy oversised harley seat on my mb

No matter what any one says about the look of the Harley seat, if it isn't comfortable to ride, you won't ride it..way to go man....