Why don't most folks use location?

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Folks - Why don't most of you use the location option? I'm not gonna come to your house and steal your bike, but many, many of the folks don't put anything in the location spot. Why not?

Maybe cruiser or the mods could encourage it. It's really nice to know where folks are.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
took me awhile to figure out how but i have the forum now set up that new members must fill in the location field.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
WHY ? If someone leaves this area blank , it is because they want it that way ! Now we must know where you are or you can't join us ! ................ D.J.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thier is not storng parameters on the location area. they can put usa or anything else they want but something must be put in that spot, the other way it was set up putting your location was not an option at sign up and you had to go to the user cp after joining to make any changes or to ad your location which for new people on computers is a little bit of a challenge for i remember well on the first forum i joined seeing people with the location on their post wanting to have the same thing and not being able to figure out how to ad it to mine.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'll be even more specific.....
I live on U.S. Rt. 6/Ohio Rt. 7 also known as Conneaut-Youngstown Rd.
Formerly a major Underground Railroad route to Lake Erie.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I live in on Lexington ave in High Point NC. That railroad of Joe's began around here somewhere I'm sure.

Just ask for the old man with the weird bikes anyone can point out the house.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
WHY ? If someone leaves this area blank , it is because they want it that way ! Now we must know where you are or you can't join us ! ................ D.J.
People can enter "State of Mind" or Rio if they want, but most people don't mind really. It's more like most people don't want the hassle of digging around in CP for the right entry area. IMHO.