Which 2 stoke kit and bike to buy?

GoldenMotor.com

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
hello my name is jared and i am new to this site
My question is which 2 stroke kit is most reliable to buy?

what are the performance differences with 4 stroke and 2 stroke

I know this question has been asked before but i haven't seen a REAL answer which included name brands and what not. Maybe there is a reviews section on this site that i just can't find. I know that the Honda is supposed to be the best but it is not for me because i want a chain driven frame mount and not a roller driven rack mount.

i've noticed that the wizard frame mount engines cost more than most other motors. Are they from China? Are they reliable and of good quality. and what about those motors for $120 on kings motor bikes website i think they are grubee.

i am looking for 49 or 48cc for legal reasons and am looking for the most reliable brand that i can find.
i want to use it to save gas for work and back instead of my car. Also because i am almost all out of my unemployment benifets and will then have to drop my car insurance
i want it to be capable of going at least 25-30 mph

and also i haven't even bought the bicycle yet and was wandering what kind of bikes are best for this and what i should look for.
and if I get a mountain bike will the motor be suitable for trails or not. if not it isn't that important to me.

a few other names i saw that i may be interested in are skyhawk and starfire

if any one has any good advise for me or can tell me the differences between these engines please let me know
thanx

Last edited:

93KHJFRK

Mar 16, 2009
The OC
Jared,

I have a Grubee Starfire engine kit on a Schwinn Del Mar. I purchased the engine from bikeberry.com (highly recommended!). I have had very good results with this setup. I changed the bolts and other fasteners on the engine to either stainless or whatever I could find at the local ACE store. Most of the fasteners I bought are allen head and improves the look of the engine. The standard muffler setup would not fit at all, so I went for a Poo Poo pipe setup from bikeengines.com. It required some modification to fit. Also, change the stock intake manifold to an aluminum one with a sealing washer in the carburetor.

Personally, I dont like the look of the 4 stroke, I think it's butt ugly for what I'm doing.

I have the bike mocked up until after break in, then I will dissasemble the whole thing and rebuild it from the frame up with improved parts.

The bike looks like an old Whizzer, which is the look I'm going for and for 1/8th of the price.

Good luck,
Mike