CNS carb on a HS49

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
After running my bike for a while with a stock motor, I made a new intake manifold for a CNS carb I got from a buddy. The intake manifold is 6061 and tig welded on the inside. I also made a custom filter for the carb, shes a bit large but it works. It was a bit of a hassle to tune, but the motor loves it, she breaths alot better now.

Believe it or not i turned this manifold with a drill press and a Adjustable hole saw. http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/05/029-Front_Panel_Hole_Saw.JPG

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am really liking this thread, md!
I have been contemplating using a carb off of a Honda CT70, but it might be too big.

How much more TQ and HP do you think you are getting?

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
My butt dyno sais its good for another 6 horse, but my butt dyno is usually off. I think I gained about a half horse, maybe a full horse with the header. Its super easy to over rev the motor now, and pulls real hard mid range. Wish I could get a bullit rods and better flywheel, I want a10xxx rpm motor lol. Give a honda carb a try. It should work, a70 isn't much larger than a50

Motorbikerider99

May 18, 2016
TX
Hey quick question I'm a new member here how did you remove the engine cowl / cover and just use the pull starter I have a predator 212 build coming along and I want to do that for the look.