The Missing Link

GoldenMotor.com

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
When I saw this I figured everyone here may get a kick out of it.

Anyone who's ever ridden a motorcycle of any kind knows the affinity dogs have for
chasing after them as if it's their sworn duty to chase em to the other horizon.
But how often do you get to see Fido riding on a bike ? Perhaps it's jealousy, perhaps
it just looks like a bit of doggie fun but for those of us who have had close calls and near
misses with our K9 friends we all have that special prayer: "God, please don't let there be a
pack of em" !

Now a guy in Oregon, Mark Schuette, has found a way to let Fido join in on the biking fun.
The missing link between dog and motorcycle could bridge between our two wheeled
beloveds and our four pawed friends. It's a scooter with a sort of sidecar that Fido
takes his place in to run and propel his master's ride. (and show that pesky Asian
Technology there's still some Yankee Ingenity left in America that's eager to work)

For this board's members, imagine a bike side car design adapting the features of the scooter.
Perhaps a pannel could be fit on the outboard side that folds down to make a floor for Fido
when he isn't the "HT". Thus when Fido plays out you could pedal him back home so he enjoys
a ride. It could be a win win. Perhaps the perfect ride for a guy with too many DUI's.

Dog-powered Scooter

I'd like to see an emoticon for this platform.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
LOL, D.J. I love it !!!! And it's VINTAGE America !! Awesome.

Now this is a flash back to the American ingenuity I speak of which brought us our original motor bikes. Doing what I see some here like
Deacon, and Trackfodder still doing today.

That photo makes my day !

I once saw a piece on TV where a farmer built an implement he could put his horse in to walk on the belt. He called it a Horsecycle. He could sit and steer it, or let the horse stear it and drive himself around the circle in it. But it only moved along at about 4mph.

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Pretty good way to give your dog a workout. According to the Dog Whisperer, working-class dogs really do need to do "work." They need something to do or they will misbehave. Looks like a fun way to do that :)

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I'd like to see an emoticon for this platform.
I think that is a cool concept, but what if that dog bolts after a squirrel and takes you for the ride of your life? It sure would be funny, hey?

An emoticon can be done for this, in time. My pc crashed the other day and lost everything, so I've been in "rebuilding time", but when I get everything that I used to have to make these things, I'll make one for it.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Wow, sorry to hear about the crash Hiker ! Yet it may get you set up
even better after you're done. I keep threatening to reformat my Vista Lap Top
when it locks up.

When I saw that "Pooch Power" link I couldn't resist mentioning it here.

But as for the emoticon.....all us veteran bike riders know the allure we have for dogs.
It just seems fitting for a dog to be represented here somehow. (if only as a reminder to
keep an eye open for them when riding)