thick head gasket

GoldenMotor.com

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Hello,my question is this,my china girl 66 came with a thick head gasket,if i switch to the thinner gasket will i see any higher compression..wee..

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yes. Just insure that the piston will not hit the head when it is at the top of it's stroke.
I doubt it will, but check it anyways. Better safe than sorry. ;)

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Thanks gear,i will check to see if the piston hits but like you i doubt it will.i can't imagine they would go thru the trouble of engenieering another cylinder.they like to do things as cheap as possible

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello,my question is this,my china girl 66 came with a thick head gasket,if i switch to the thinner gasket will i see any higher compression..wee..
How thick are the head gaskets you have?
Where are you getting the thinner one from?

I doubt if the thinner gasket will make the compression high enough to notice a difference.

The pro way to do this is to deck the cylinder to make the piston come all the way to the top of the bore to raise compression and get the right clearance on your squish band if your head even has one.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
the standard 66cc head gasket is 1mm .... you can buy a stock type aluminum head gasket thats .4 mm but i am not shure who sells them, my dax top end came with the thinner .4mm gasket and i measured it against a grubee gt5, .4mm vs 1mm

also you can just buy some thin soft copper sheet metal 12in x 12in or heavy duty gasket paper, and make your own gasket any thickness you want.

you will not notice anything though the amount of material removed would have to be far greater for a noticable preformance gain, we are talking decking the head down a lot

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
the gasket that came with the kit appears to be around 1mm as apposed to the old style of about .3mm

Last edited: