high flow air filter material?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
just built up a 98cc flathead. Governor is removed, and the air filter is made of dense foam, any source for a material with better flow I can cut to shape myself?

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
I have a 79cc preddy. My plan for air filter for it is to cut a plate out on 1/2" aluminum and clamp on a k&n style filter to that. Got the idea from AGK but I'm going to do it myself. Check it out maybe it will work for you.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I think my air filter may have just been dirty. I got the engine (98cc minibike engine) used, and I don't know how often they cleaned it. I washed it good, seems to be breathing better now.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I just cut off a chunk from one of my wifes black socks that are made out of that fine fine materials stronger than a nylon yet kinda the same texture. Of course ya might have to endure the "Honey the dryer ate another one of my stockings again" Ask me no questions... I tell you no lies........

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just cut off a chunk from one of my wifes black socks that are made out of that fine fine materials stronger than a nylon yet kinda the same texture. Of course ya might have to endure the "Honey the dryer ate another one of my stockings again" Ask me no questions... I tell you no lies........
For that, fishnet stockings make a great and sexy pre-filter. Again, honey, I think the dryer ate those too! laff

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
You mean tights mad out of lycra or spandex, not 100% spandex but are stretchy and thicker than nylons?
I was wondering about those myself.