Oil Coming From Exhaust Pipe? Normal?

GoldenMotor.com

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
I've seen a light white puff of smoke at idle with the 24:1 mix I have now. I'm going to tune the carburetor today before the ride it because I haven't messe with it yet. Whats's the needle you're talking about? I've never ran it full throttle yet either but today may be a full throttle test run too. xct2
Thanks Jersey
No problem brother,,
The needle valve is in the carburetor,,Its inside the spring and slide under the top cover that unscrews.You will see a little C clip on the top of the needle,,and 4 or 5 positions or notches where it can be moved.The factory position is in the middle,,if you raise it one notch that will move your needle down into the main jet causing the air fuel mixture to lean,,if you lower the clip it will pull the needle out of the jet resulting in a richer mix.I would leave it in the center for now and just see how it runs.Make sure you have a 1/2" o-ring between the carb and intake manifold to prevent leaks,,Ive also heard of guys using RTV there.
Im headed over to Pa.today,,i will take my first 10 mile ride and see how she runs :)