Another mtn fork on cruiser thread

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I know there are many out there, and I have looked at them, but none really answered my question.

I am going to try and acquire an old Next mountain bike from a buddy and take the fork and put it on my bike. I think they are the same headtube, but I want to be sure. I have a Huffy Good Vibrations (simple Cranbrook), and the parts bike is a full suspension Next Shocker.

The plus is that the parts bike has v-brakes on it, my bike has calipers.

Any insight?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Check diameter first. See if your cruiser handlebar stem will fit the mountain bike fork to verify the same diameter. If both forks have threaded headsets, they are most likely 1". Also check the length of the head tube on your cruiser and the mountain bike. Standard length is around 5 to 6". I wish there was an easier way but I haven't found one.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Looks like the head tube on my gb is about 5 in, and it's the same for my mtn bike.
So I would imagine that the parts bike would be the same since all three are walmart specials.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
walmart aint got nothing to do with it. I have a cranbrook, and my brother gave me a full suspension bike also from walmart. the steerer tubes do not match. The full suspension tube has a shorter steerer tube with a smaller inner diameter than the Cranbrook.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
My point is that a lot of wally bikes have similar steering tube setups, like my mtn bike has what looks like and measures like the same steertube length and width. I am trying to make sure that I can put a next fork on my Huffy cruiser. That is what I am trying to accomplish here.

Fat Kruizers

Aug 11, 2012
S.B California
I have tried the same thing,in all of the mtn bike forks i have looked at(20 pairs or so) they are all a dif diameter than a cruiser,the cruiser has a 1" headset while the mtn bikes are 1 1/8 or bigger

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I have a Huffy Cranbrook that I installed a Roadmaster suspension fork on. They have the same length and same diameter steerer tube, and yes, they are both from Walmart. I found the Roadmaster bike in a dumpster. My only point, dodge dude, was that just because they are from Walmart does not necessarily mean that they are interchangeable. The bike my brother gave me was also from Walmart, and his fork will not fit my bike because the steerer tube is shorter and has a smaller inner diameter. Its the same outer diameter, but different inner diameter, so my stem will not fit the fork from my brother's bike. As far as the Next fork, I can not say if it will fit or not. I can only advise you to fit it up and if it works, it works. I hope it does. I know how much I hated driving my bike sometimes when it didnt have suspension. Good luck with it.