Video build finally in process

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I watched your 2 videos. Man, that is a nice frame for a motorbike. Good luck with your build! I'll be watching. What are you going to do for a transmission?

HillbillyScientist

Apr 4, 2012
Piney Flats TN
for the transmission i was thinking of using a northern tool clutch and jackshaft and using the right sprockets to get a 8 or 9 gear ratio is this a good ratio and has anyone used these components

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
for the transmission i was thinking of using a northern tool clutch and jackshaft and using the right sprockets to get a 8 or 9 gear ratio is this a good ratio and has anyone used these components
I bought the MaxTorque clutch (was thinking about the Hilliard but went Max Torque). I am also planning on running a jackshaft like you, kinda like a minibike. I'm going to mount my jackshaft to the seatpost using pillow block bearings and the 1-1/8" Mack truck CB antenna aluminum mounts.

My build linked below:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41395&page=3

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
oh since im probably gonna use the same bearings you used got any idea where to get a 5/8" shaft with a key slot thats no more than 8 or 10 inches
Pretty sure I got mine (not sure of length) from OMB Warehouse a couple years ago. At that time I thought I was going to use the bicycle's bottom bracket for the jackshaft bearing retainer, so I also ordered up some 1-3/8"OD, .625" ID bearings from there. Turns out you can file a little of the threads off the inside of the bottom bracket and its a perfect fit.