My Take On An Army Classic

GoldenMotor.com

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL
So I've always wanted to do an Army themed bike, and since my friend finally gave me back my bike (after unrightfully (sp?) having it and painting it an unsightly blaze orange) I decided to follow through with my goal.

This is the result (I'll try to post better pics tomorrow):

Attachments

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Thanks! Not exactly sure, I bought it from a friend 2 years back. I know it is a Schwinn but not sure of the model.

EDIT: It is a newer model. It was a graphite color originally.

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Will do, sir, and thank you! Expecting a new motor in the AM (as mine is bogged beyond repair) Then going to take a nice break-in ride.Will post more in the PM

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very cool. It certainly has the look.

If I could make a suggestion or two? Tighten your chain and it looks like your ignition wiring is resting against the exhaust. I ran your picture through Photo Shop and brightened it up some and that when I saw the wires.

It'll be cool to hear what kind of reaction your bike gets from people. I'm sure you'll here the question; "Is it an original?"

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Uber cool build Codi. The ammo cans/mounting are awesome. Period perfect looking.

I have always wanted to do the same sort of build on Felt MP and put a leather rifle sheath on her.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I agree with every else. It is refreshing to to see something else other than another boardtrack racer.
You have joined the other great military builds here on the forum.

Steve.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
nice .. and i like where you took the pics too ..i was looking at the bushes to find the sniper . problably the only thing left to do to perfect the look would be a headlight cover with just a slit for the light .

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
nice .. and i like where you took the pics too ..i was looking at the bushes to find the sniper . problably the only thing left to do to perfect the look would be a headlight cover with just a slit for the light .
Or a dummy light with a strip of LEDs?