dicemans ghetto cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Just starting this bike ( it might be a while in the making ) since i,m in the middle of moving . ( not much to see yet .. just a motor sitting in the frame )
I don,t want to use the peanut tank ( thinking of a round oil type tank under the back of the seat )... well this is it so far .. oh , its an old Monark frame , with a cut down jessie james front end .

Oh yeah , i'm going to use a smaller crank , with a smaller front sprocket , so i can get the motor as low in the frame as possible .

Last edited:

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Just starting this bike ( it might be a while in the making ) since i,m in the middle of moving . ( not much to see yet .. just a motor sitting in the frame )
I don,t want to use the peanut tank ( thinking of a round oil type tank under the back of the seat )... well this is it so far .. oh , its an old Monark frame , with a cut down jessie james front end .

Oh yeah , i'm going to use a smaller crank , with a smaller front sprocket , so i can get the motor as low in the frame as possible .
NICE! The forks look worth further study. Are they Shocked? stock or after-market?

yodar

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
they are triple tree forks off a jesse james chopper that he cut down some.at least,thats what i think he saidlaff

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a real nice start.....I like Monarks, had a Monark stingray as a kid. I also like the mega spoked wheels you have there.....should hold up well! Nice job on lowering the front forks, keep it coming.

dnut

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Nice looking lines on the bike!
...yah, btr to have a smaller front sprocket, but I DO like the looks of that star sprocket!
rc

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
OK ... its been a while , but I finally actually started putting the beast together .
Now that i have a smaller crank sprocket on the bike , the motor fits on .
I spent a bit of time the last couple days doing some prep to the motor .. seals .. sound dampening ..
I had it about 80 percent installed when what happens .
The clip inside the sparkplug boot is missing ... can,t plug the wire to the plug ... yay ..

So , I took the throttle and the chain off so it would be easier to ride to the store to get a new boot tomorrow .
Also , i find the cables are pretty long . I,ll tape the to the frame for now , but i,m going to have to shorten the throttle and clutch cables some time .

Anyways , here it is so far .. again .

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Well , I managed to get things all back together ,
I went and got a replacement end for the spark plug wire .. fixed that .
Then i ran into a few more snags .
The thread in my gas tank was tapped too big for the petcock .. so Iused sone pipe fittings and a nice ball valve ( which worked great ) BUT .. because the way the assembly sat against my cantilever tube my gas tank was sitting on an angel to the left .
I had another tank in my storage .. and got it .. put it on .. works good .. its the smaller tank , which i think looks better anyways . Oh ya .. had to go to the dollar store for some m4 nuts , which is what the old tank uses .
THEN .. tightening up the tensioner i had one bolt only just starting to compress the lock washer and the bolt snapped . i replaced that bolt with a good one , but the other is still from the kit . I am going to replace the other one before i even attempt to start the motor . I really don,t feel like having the tensioner end up in the spokes .

On a note : Ive built other non kit bikes , but this is the first china girl bike i did .
For 200 bucks , and what you get , you cant really complain , but man can i complain about a lot with the kit i got .
All the nuts and studs are garbage , mabey next pay i,ll go get real ones .
Tank supplied was no good oversize thread made it prety much useless, spark plug boot was no good , my instruction sheet looked like a tenth generation photo copy from a printer running out of ink . white paper .. off white lettering .
crossing my fingers and hope the kill switch is ok .

Anyways .. its coming along

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Looking good! Did you round your jug/head fins all nice like that?

The clutch cable is the easy one to shorten, just pull the cable out of the sleeve and cut it to the length you want, then run the cable through and cut to length after its hooked up. Just remember to open it back up where you snipped it with an awl or nail or something for free movement eh.

The throttle on the other hand needs that little nib in the carb slide to work. You can put on a new nib with a torch or quick zap with a welder and file to size. Just note the spacing of the nib to cable sleeve, that has to be a certain space. Otherwise you'll never get all the slack out of your throttle handle, or worse yet... never get a true idle. Know what I mean? On the other hand, if its long enough to run to the seat-post then back to the carb, that'd be stealthy enough.

Lovin' the triple trees too btw, eh.

Oh yea, ppl have had luck with using old cans, camp fuel bottles, pic, and even 4" pvc for use as underseat tanks. A quick search on "homemade gas tank" up top should give you some ideas.

gl, sry to hear about the tank threads :(

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Thanks Killer ( its pretty much just a slap it together bike though )
Ya , I did the job on the head and fins , I wanted to make it look a bit more rounded . I took off as little as i could while getting them all evened out .
Front end is off a jessie james chopper .. I cut down the tubes around 7 inches .
Ya , clutch cable is easy ... throttle , well thats a bit a work . Just gonna leave them long until i,m sure those are the bars i want to keep on the bike ( probably will .. I like those bars )

It was too dark for a pic last night .. took one this morning , with the other tank on .
I will get 2 good nuts and bolts for the tensioner this afternoon , and fix that problem before I even try to start it up .

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Took the bike for a ride today , ran pretty good . I had to readjust the clutch cable a couple times .. ? stretch ? .. its good now no air gas or oily leaks . lawnmower sparkplug end worked out fine . no really bad noises . starts easy .

Now the bad news ... tensioner issue .
While setting up the chain and tensioner , I peddled the bike up and down the yard .
The chain skipped on top of the teeth . I thought it moved the tensioner wheel because the chain was real loose after i freed it up . Turns out it actually bent the bottom chainstay about a half an inch .

I'm taking the motor off for now , so i can just use the bike as a bike . ( less of a target for thieves ) I'll have to get my welder from my storage ( on the bus ) get an idler sprocket . canibalize the factory tensioner mount , and properly weld it in .. horizontally in front of the ragmount sprocket ( seen that in on of the threads here .. looks like the best option for my frame ) .. straiten up the chainstay , or repair if needed .

That darn tensioner is the only problem now . But i,d rether tear the bike down than try to ride it the way it is ... unsafe .

I guess the only other issue to deal with is , what size of replacement chain to use .
Apparently the kit chain sucks , and i don,t like how sloppy it is on the sprockets ( chain is too wide .. rattles too much )