2 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
This is what I have done to my bike so far. I put a SBP gas valve. The one that came with the kit, was not passing gas right. It was bloging a lot in the beginning. And had no kind of power when going up hills. Now it working better and it's got more power. I also got a SBP throttle. Work great. My old one that came with the kit broke. I also got a SBP muffler (USE) . So far my bike runs good. But It can run better. I need to get a bigger Jet for my carb. Thanks .shft.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I'm sure you've heard it, but get a filter! I know it won't fit, but they have those offset intake manifolds somewhere so that the carb will clear the bike frame. It's very important. You'll need to retune the carb after any manifold or air filter change. Other than that, the bike looks like it's a real success. I always like seeing expansion chambers. The exhaust of a 2 stroke is as much a part of the engine as the piston in my opinion.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I got a velocity stack and some things from Daves. He has some clamp-on flexible foam-over-springs filters, pancake filters, and other things that will work.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl?c=885035&sc=12&category=&search=air filter

Thatsdax.com has the offset intake tubes.

The Sick Bike Parts fuel valve is great, but if you need a cheaper option, Autozone has lawnmower type in-line fuel shutoff valves for $5
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...256q?itemIdentifier=209292&_requestid=4944152

Home Depot has this brass nipple, take your old petcock for sizing (could be 10mm or could be pipe thread)

Last edited:

Danny Torino

Aug 14, 2017
HOZE

the hotter the plug the farther into the chamber it goes. the NGK B5HS is one step hotter, ergo, the farther "in" it goes.
try replacing the 6 with a 5 (hotter) and see if you can tell a diference
i know guys who have got a custom plug that went in so far the piston was hitting the plug. in one case it broke the piston......lol

let us know.....

stay dry
gubba
^
^
^
Not sure where you got that info. True the NGKB5HS is hotter than the B6HS.
But they both have the same reach of 1/2" (12.7mm). So no change in compression. Is the same both plugs. Better compression than the stock shorter reach plug. Working good so far. I have the high compression stock Wedge Head with about a .5mm sanded off the base. Im in Massachusetts and getting colder. Hopefully the hotter plug will prevent fouling. Id like to find a Plasma plug.

Could size out a 14mm with a 3/4" reach then use a 1/4" thick spark plug washer to work in the Wedge head anyways. :D