need carb needle reset settings for 49cc 4 stroke hua-sheng bike engine kit? plz help

GoldenMotor.com

joshua97

May 8, 2012
perth
i have a 4 stroke hua-sheng 49cc bike engine kit, i need the reset settings for the carburator [ the lean/ rich screw ] if u know the setting plz let me know it asap ? thanks, josh, any advice would be great??/.bf.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Re: need carb needle reset settings for 49cc 4 stroke hua-sheng bike engine kit? plz

Welcome to the forum!
The generic starting point for any fuel or air screw on any carb is 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated. This will get the engine started so you can fine tune the adjustment after the engine is up to operating temperature. On rare occasions you might need to turn it 1/4 turn or so, either direction, to get it to run decently during warm up.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Re: need carb needle reset settings for 49cc 4 stroke hua-sheng bike engine kit? plz

HuaSheng carb adjustment info :)
(from Quenton Guenther)

"Adjusting the EZM carburetor

On the left side of the carburetor near the front is the idle mixture screw.

On the EZM motor the idle mixture screw is a fuel adjustment, not an air adjustment.

Simply adjust the screw for maximum idle, and then turn the screw approx 1/16" counter-clockwise [slightly rich].

Check the throttle response, and adjust the mixture if there is a hesitation. Turn screw clockwise if it "bulks" and then catches on [rich], or adjust screw counter-clockwise if it accelerates and then drops off quickly [lean].

Have fun,

joshua97

May 8, 2012
perth

thanks guys it runs great again at 2 1/2 turns out. :) thanks or all your help