Taking Delivery

GoldenMotor.com

enjenn

Feb 15, 2012
everywhere
Hey ya'll,

My understanding is that when you purchase a new, two stroke kit, you should complete about 9 preparation steps before you even worry about mounting it. Are there any prep steps that those of you with 4 strokes did or suggest doing? I am most interested in the HS49cc, but I'd like to hear about any and all models.

Cheers,
Jenn

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I can't really say enough good things about the HS49cc engines.....they're darn near bulletproof and very reliable. I'm sure this little powerplant would suit your needs, just bolt it on and go.

I've found the 4G with the tapered shaft centrifical clutch to be a little less finicky than the straight shaft 4G's. With the straight shaft HS I prefer running the EZM tranny as it is more tunable than the 4G. You cant go wrong with this engine though, no matter which of these two tranny's you use.

Cheers and have fun!

dnut

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Just bought a Titan/HS 49cc and its the best 49cc 4 stroke for the money. You can buy 2 of these for 1 Honda/clutch and still buy you a decent bike off of craigs. I'll admit in my opinion the Honda is a better motor but $$$$$ means alot nowadays.

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
Hi Jenn,
I just got an HS 49cc 4G set up from Bicycle Engines.com. It is a great engine. The casting quality is very good as is the machining quality. Like Gear Nut, I just added oil and put things together. My only caution would be to lube the clutch bushing the way the directions say.

It makes good torque, runs smooth and is a real pleasure to ride.

I have read accounts on this forum of the preparation necessary for a two stroke. Two strokes seem to make up the majority of the MB's here, and that's fine of course. I am enjoying a quiet, smooth, dependable MB that's a kick to ride.