resistor plugs

GoldenMotor.com

andell

Mar 30, 2012
london ontario canada
i have a new built 66 cc grubee skyhawk i am wondering about a resistor plug ngk b6hs i have been trying to find one but all i can find is b6hsr i have gone to motor cycle shops and also small engine places no luck but resistor plugs will this hurt any thing any help would be apprecited thankyou:-||

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
You should be able to find an NGK part#3725.....BPR6HS plug at most any auto parts or cycle shop. If they don't stock it, they can usually get it from their wharehouse in a day or two. I get mine through Federated Auto Supply. It is a resistor plug and I use them in mine. Actually, I am now using a BPR8HS which is a little colder plug and have no problems firing. In my thinking, I am keeping the cylinder head temps down a bit with the colder plug but can't support that......in any event the engine runs fine with the BPR8HS.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
i have a new built 66 cc grubee skyhawk i am wondering about a resistor plug ngk b6hs i have been trying to find one but all i can find is b6hsr i have gone to motor cycle shops and also small engine places no luck but resistor plugs will this hurt any thing any help would be apprecited thankyou:-||
Why a resistor plug?

multipaul

Mar 31, 2012
Germany
...In my thinking, I am keeping the cylinder head temps down a bit with the colder plug but can't support that......in any event the engine runs fine with the BPR8HS.
Hallo Fonzie

The sparkplug stays cold. It doesn't absorb as much heat. That's why the surrounding will be hotter. But that's not the point, that isn't really measurable.
I'm afraid your 8HS will not get enough heat. Probably it will become dark and sooty after a short time.

Multipaul

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If I am reading this correctly you are looking for a b6hs but can only find the resistor type right? The bp6hs has an extended tip and works great in my 48cc.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why a resistor plug?
My thoughts too.
Why add resistance to an already weak ignition system? Radio interference isn't much of an issue today what with cable TV. Unshielded/non-resistor ignition systems used to play havoc with television and radio but with today's computerized and politically correct ignition and cable and satellite signals it isn't really an issue.

I shy away from resistor plugs and wire and go for all the juice I can get to make spark.

Tom

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
The stock plug isn't a resistor type because the plug cap already is. You only need one resistor to quell interference, not two.

*edit* So I just measured the one I'm using on my bike and it says 0ohm so I think I'm going to have to recant that statement...

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hey! Out here in the wilds we still use "regular T.V." and Mrs. Joe says every time I run one of these things the T.V. buzzes and makes lines across the screen....

Just sayin' :)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hey! Out here in the wilds we still use "regular T.V." and Mrs. Joe says every time I run one of these things the T.V. buzzes and makes lines across the screen....

Just sayin' :)
If that's a problem with her, I guess she can't run her appliances while watching TV. Besides, how long and how close to the house are you running your engine? Even Uverse, cable, Direct TV, and Dish all have problems with freezing up at times... I'm sorry, if my non-resistor plug causes interference on someone's TV, so be it, it won't be for second or two.