Past or Favorite Travels

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Old Tucson Studio & Desert Museum

Old Tucson Studios Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Great day, spent the entire day cruising the Tucson Mountains on my Della Cruz. Had a bite to eat at old Tucson Studios (Photos 1-3) and then continued my travels West towards the Desert museum ( Photos 4-5).

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Mission San Xavier del Bac

Tucson to San Xavier to visit Home. It was a hot day middle of summer and it was a good ride until I had a flat (Photo 1).

It was a pain to change on the side of the road but I was able to get in done to make it to San Xavier (Photo 2)

It was well worth the ride in the hot AZ sun once I made it to San Xavier Mission (Photo 3). As I left I stopped by the San Xavier Cemetery (Photo 4). You may view more photos @ San Xavier Mission Ride pictures by FR31MB - Photobucket

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Pima Air & Space Museum

Home

This was a very long ride from where I started, on my return ride home I ran out of fuel about 2 blocks short. Plus I had to go right through the traffic parts of the city. This was a specific ride to check out the museums KC97 Stratotanker. You may view more photos @ Pima Air Museum Ride pictures by FR31MB - Photobucket

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
So what about you? Any past travels you have not shared with us? A favorite or memorable ride that you have not shared in a while? I enjoy seeing and reading what others do on there motor assisted bicycle. If there is one thing I have enjoyed the most is the places my Motorized Bicycle takes me.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dave,
Those are some great photos. Everyone needs to carry a camera with them, record some of the places they've been and share them here. Thanks.
Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I tried a few ways but I can't attach these pics again :(,
so here is my original post of my favorite place to ride (I ride it a lot :))
http://motorbicycling.com/f16/i-love-living-desert-19524.html
That looks great Bill, AZ has some great places to ride. I love those long roads outside of the city with very little to no traffic. Just cruising along enjoying the day and the awesome AZ scenery.

Signal Hill pictures by FR31MB - Photobucket

I wonder where others like to ride?

Attachments

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
awww i at times i wish i didnt live in alaska i havent gotten my bike where i feel like i can leave own cause when i do im in the booneys in anchorage there are two roads leaving out of town south dead ends in about 300 miles and north is a long ride to any real destination so as winter appoaches i will sneak back into my cavern and hide from the cold

dreaming of he next short summer

ykick

Apr 18, 2011
NYC/SOCal
Anybody had any animal encounters? i.e. bears, snakes, cougars, coyotes....

Elk with m/c in White mountains, AZ - mostly at night. No collisions but gotta slow it down to about 50mph and scan, scan, scan roadside constantly. Watch for those glowing eyes!

Good brakes, paying attention and not riding a speedster beyond your headlight - you should be fine avoiding most critters. But, ya never know what's around the next corner...

btw - Wife and I took our eBike and electric kickscooter to Yosemite and Sequoia last year. It was awesome getting around valley floor. Don't think a gasser would've been able to remain under radar but my electrics are very quiet and 10-15 mile range with just small batteries.

Attachments

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Thats cool. Another option to scanning the roadside, is if your in the mountains, use an expansion chamber. Itll make a **** of a racket and will probably scare all the critter off. lol Haven't tried, but just a thought. I have one. I bought my kit 3 weeks ago and am modifying the chain tensioner so I don't have accidents. lol My setup is from Daemon Bikes(bad idea)all the screws holding the engine together were nearly stripped when I got it out of the box! Spark Plug is cheap as it gets. But It runs pretty fast. Just got to adjust the carb, and finish up on the tensioner. Cant go w/o it cuz i can't shorten my chain anymore. So without it it jams up on the clutch cover, or come off the back sprocket. My next build is gonna be a friction drive. The in-frame kits take too much tinkering. lol

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Of course they count. Some are harmful therefore its very relevent. i nearly swallowled a bee walking home from the trolley stop which is like 2 blocks from my house. i cant bring my bike cuz tbey think its a firehazard. its a rule with buses or trolley's. But i enyo te walk. I didnt even see the bee. It ran right into my lips. i had myclips partway open so he nearly went right in. That would have been bad. he didnt come after me though. he felt soft too. lol finished mounting my stock tensioner with new bolts. it aint going anywhere. its tight as heck. im still going to check it before each run though..wee.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Engine runs great. It wants to run fast, its got good speed. i went to full speed just to see how fast it goes. it goes atleast 25-30 easy. gotta go half throttle till after the break in period is up in 500 kilometers.

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I am taking a journey from Austin Tx goin to Port Arthur Tx the trip is 256.84 miles. I am a'lil leary but who wouldnt be on their first venture out of their comfort zone if i can keep my fone charged up I will take fotos ,does anyone have any idea how long I should go B4 i should rest my engine? usflg