carb

GoldenMotor.com

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
Does anyone know if a standard 18mm carb would work such as a mikuni or something?
also where could you find a upgraded cdi without those cheap wires? my cheap one burned out because the wires shorted togetherzpt

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
thanks for the info,, the wires I believe the insualtion broke off right where the wires come out of the coil because of the bad way I installed it, ultimately it died , and now i cannot get any spark do you think the mag could be fried? i am not able to test anything I just wanted to get an upgraded cdi then go from there

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
I see, well then im gonna have to get a stock one then, i guess
and i was thinking of just building a custom intake pipe,with flanges on both sides
what is the exact diameter of the pipe? stock? same as the carb?

the stock carb intake i had to build was too thick of a pipe I think, i used a old pair of metal handlebars because they already had the bend I needed,

do you think a cns is as good of an upgrade as any for carb?

thank you

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Does anyone know if a standard 18mm carb would work such as a mikuni or something?
also where could you find a upgraded cdi without those cheap wires? my cheap one burned out because the wires shorted togetherzpt
Fuji,
I use a 18mm Mikuni carb, model #VM18-144 to my engine and it works fine, although you will
have to make a sleeve adapter so that the the larger diameter carb throat will mount to the
smaller OD of the intake manifold.Don't go any larger than a 18mm. I also highly recommend
that you install an expansion chamber to enjoy the full benefits of the carb.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Fuji, the ignition coil you showed and asked about is for a motorcycle that uses an externally mounted CDI unit. These HT engines we use have the CDI unit built into the coil, so no, the red coil would not work. You would be lacking the CDI.