I can't pedal my bike.

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
OK so, here's the problem.

I can not pedal my bike at all. When i do, it is hard, and the engine chain always falls off. I usually go about 10 feet and really slow when this happens.

Although, if i do a running start, Jump on my bike, and start the engine, everything works fine.

I want to know why this is happening and how to fix it please.

:-||

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
OK so, here's the problem.

I can not pedal my bike at all. When i do, it is hard, and the engine chain always falls off. I usually go about 10 feet and really slow when this happens.

Although, if i do a running start, Jump on my bike, and start the engine, everything works fine.

I want to know why this is happening and how to fix it please.

:-||
Ok you have to make sure that the rear wheel is on straight not only this but the motor chain runs straight ie both wheel sprocket and drive sprocket are in the same line, stand behind your bike and you should be able to see if everything is square.
It could be that the motor is not straight the rear wheel not aligned or it could be the idler is not tracking true. these are the main thing to check out.
let us know how you did.

edit
When all is straight there should be very minimal drag fron the drive sprocket and you should roll and pedal just fine

Last edited:

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Ok so, I can ride perfectly fine, no problem there, just PUSH start it and hop on, but when i try to pedal start, the engine chain falls off. I can ride the engine for hours on end without any problems. Only when i pedal, is when the problems occur.

Also, how would I be able to align the rear sprocket, if that is the problem?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had to use washers on the wheel axle on one of my builds to move it over,,, Also how is your clutch...

Last edited: