Raw 80cc

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I know Bikeguy Joe has heard me rant on this before elsewhere, but I think it comes down to which vendors actually look at what they are selling you. If they get an engine kit from china and put it in another box here in the US and ship it to you without even checking it out you can't expect much.

Rather than post again you can see comments at Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Re:bike kit observations - Spooky Tooth Messageboard

I don't think anyone does look inside the boxes....at least not the several that i have bought from various vendors.

Last edited by a moderator:

ratty

Apr 17, 2009
Nashville ,TN
So am I to understand that RAW and Flying Horse are the same motor? Bottom line, is it a good engine or not?
Silverbear
This is what I want to know. This is what zone 8 said in post 10 on this thread following what I said in post 9
" bikeberry is not related to RAW motors at all. and RAW motors doesn't come from flying horse, cmt, woodpecker,etc.... "

but......bikeberry said they at least used to sell raw engines. and my bikeberry engine from several months ago says 'jiangdu flying horse gasoline engine factory'
So......where are Raw engines made? Others have claimed Raw engines are the 'flying horse' model, and zone 8 made fun of it! I have nothing personally against zone 8, btw, so im not trying to stir up poopie! All I am saying is that there are a lot of contradictions with these little motors. What factory do zone 8 'raw' engines come from?

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I bought a zone8 raw motor about a year ago to replace the dax kit when it died, my dax kit ran for ever got 7 or 8000 miles out of it and it still runs but has very little compression so i recently broke out the raw motor, i am sorry to say that there is something rong with this motor, it runs real rough and has no power, i have 140 miles on it, put a NGK plug in it and have even tried changing the carb and last night i couldnt top 17 mph on flat ground with a 36 tooth sproket. I have no idea what is rong with this motor, must be a bad cylinder honing, going to order another dax and rebuild my raw maybe even port it.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
So i got a hold of zone8 about my motor that seemed to be a bad one, my warrenty was up but andrew said that he could send out a new motor for a dicounted price free of shipping, thats what i did, the motor was here in 3 days and is running well, Thanks Zone8

usflg

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So the moral to this story is this- You can get a good or bad engine kit from any seller at any time, and the difference is in the customer service.

Can we say "Good night Gracie" on this one please?

Status
Not open for further replies.