Brake issue!!

GoldenMotor.com

buzzkill

Aug 22, 2009
atlanta, ga
Hey guy's, I just ordered a 80cc engine kit that will be bolted onto a mountain bike, The bike it will go on has both front and rear brakes with levers on the handle bars. My question is what do you guys do now that you have to mount the clutch lever? do you eliminate either the front or rear brake, and is only keeping the rear brake enough to stop at 30mph if you're in a bad situation. I guess there is no other option that will allow you to keep both front and rear brakes or is there a way to get the clutch to disengage off one of the brake levers so when you apply the brakes the clutch is also pulled at the same time. Just something I thought about as I wait for my kit to show up, Thanks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just what I'm looking for, Thanks
If you'd like to retain the seperate brake levers just mount the cluth lever below the brake on the left side. I'd say the majority of us do it that way but the dual pull levers are gaining in popularity. It's your choice.
Tom

buzzkill

Aug 22, 2009
atlanta, ga
All good sugestions, thanks, I guess I will wait till I get it to figure wich way I want to go, they all seem like very good options.