A Happy Time Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I completed my first happt time build and have run my first tank of
break-in fuel through it. I started with the Schwinn Landmark and replaced
the rear wheel with a velocity triple v rear rim with 14 gauge straight spokes.
A shimano 7 speed 13-30 HG70 cassette. Serfas Drifter 26x2.0 rear tire with an
extra thick slime tube. Replaced the front rim and brakes with a X-FD DRUM Brake
Rim and Serfas Drifter 26x2.0 tires and extra thick slime tube. Replaced handle bars
with low rise handle bars and dual brake handle. Replaced seat with a 16 inch saddle
seat. Used a clam-shell adaper with a 40 tooth sprocket. Replaced gas-valve and filter
on tank. I used a Chris Hill 80 bicycle engine and chrome air filter and 1 1/2 inch front
motor mount adapter.
I peddled about 5 strokes and the engine come alive. The only vibration is on take off
and if you peddle with it on take -off hardly noticable. This motor is getting stronger every
time I run it. I like this bicycle better than my GEBE'S and a whole lot funer to ride. I now
know the true meaning of a happy time. This is a great ride and a strong runner. Thank you
for this forum site.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Re: A Happy Time

My CH80 bicycle built has quickly replaced my everyday 35cc golden eagle
belt drive bicycle. The 35cc is very quite and dependable. I am also finding out
the CH80 is also not that loud and dependable.
My 40cc Golden Eagle belt drive has just recently got broke in and has gained
a lot more power in the middle and high end range. When I purchased this motor kit
, I also got the high performance package that comes with a chrome tuned pipe and
larger carburator but has not been installed yet because I was waiting till the 40cc
2-stroke to get broke in. I was wondering what is a fair price for this set up would be.
I have lost interest in this type of 2-stroke. Also it has the # 14 gear to go with the
high performance package.
I will keep my 35cc 4-stroke golden eagle as a back up bicycle. I also have my Urban
Assult Worksman bicycle that I haven"t done anything to yet.
I will be putting on my SBP Shift kit and chrome performance SPB pipe onb my ch80cc as soon as
I get it broke in. I will post a picture then. Loving the HT more and more and wondering
why I stayed away friom this type of motor for so long.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Re: A Happy Time

I took my TLE 43CC Friction Drive out today to put a few miles on it.
It has the hand lever start and go on it. It was not the same thrill as
the HT. So I will be selling it also. What is happening to me, I made a
complete turn around and things will never be the same for me.