How Do I Make My 80cc Go Faster?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Rather then repeating, even somewhat reprimanding for something that may not be understood fully & telling them to private message - it may be more helpful to link to the very basics first, where they can read & get an idea of what to ask everyone for both comprehensive & diverse solutions.

One of many examples;

The Basics, Port & Polish and Port Matching

electron

Sep 10, 2014
Adelaide
Yes, a little more speed and a bit more torque/ "hp" to make up for the smaller hub gear.
Therefore, approximately the same acceleration, with a bit more speed.

Hope to rebuild eventually, with some port cleaning, piston chamfer, piston skirt arch and maybe just the intake port slightly opened. I have read a lot, including all of dragonfly75.com/motorbike. I'm don't want a very high compression ratio, maybe somewhere down the track I may increase it a little and also benefit from the cooling (& aesthetics) of a big fancy head (If I can make it fit, (don't ask me why I purchased the straight spark lead instead of the 90 degree, but it's only $6)
Would I see any benefits from exhaust porting if I'm not after RPMs?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Yes, a little more speed and a bit more torque/ "hp" to make up for the smaller hub gear.
Therefore, approximately the same acceleration, with a bit more speed.

Hope to rebuild eventually, with some port cleaning, piston chamfer, piston skirt arch and maybe just the intake port slightly opened. I have read a lot, including all of dragonfly75.com/motorbike. I'm don't want a very high compression ratio, maybe somewhere down the track I may increase it a little and also benefit from the cooling (& aesthetics) of a big fancy head (If I can make it fit, (don't ask me why I purchased the straight spark lead instead of the 90 degree, but it's only $6)
Would I see any benefits from exhaust porting if I'm not after RPMs?
Nothing huge, it's a matter of balanced improvements supporting each other. Yes, it will help a bit but it helps even more with more improvements. You can do lots of no and low cost improvements and see where you want to spend what you have. No single thing will improve power more than an expansion chamber tuned properly. Pipe tuning in itself is an artform about the only tuning aid you have is your own butt :) Too long or too short a headpipe kills power but the right length you feel in the seat of your pants. Best one out there still is the sick bike parts one. You see, power from an expansion chamber doesn't add a specific HP number, it adds in a percentage so the more power your motor makes the more power the expansion chamber makes.

Do all the cheap stuff mods you can from all the tutorials here then start bolting on more power. There's lots you can do .trlrl.

electron

Sep 10, 2014
Adelaide
Those chambers are a fair cost. Too bad about shipping to Australia. Where do the ozzies mainly get their stuff from? Thanx

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
( where do Auzzies' get their parts from ? ) Where ever they can find them I would guess ... Where did you get your motor / kit ? I would probably start there ...
I know all about shipping costs .. I livre in Canada and order in about 80% of my parts from the US and last year my parts bill was in the $4700 range with my shipping costs upwards of $3200 added too that ( almost doubleing my costs ! ) and it is felt by both me , and my customers that are buying the bikes/parts through me .. we just hafta pay if we wanna play that's the only way we can have the things we need ... Sick Bike Parts does have a very good pipe there tho .... I use em' ... I think I've bought and installed around 11 or 12 of them now .. like he said in an earlier post .. once you get on the tuning of it ... they are by far the first .. and best investment you should/could make ... in my opinion (any of the 'cheapie' pipes out there are a waste of time and aren't much better then a 'cleaned out' stock muffler).... followed by ignition , carb and a hi-comp head(a 'Fred Head' is the only way ta go here as well.. start with around a 6cc chamber)... this all after the motor has the ports at minimum 'cleaned' up ..
Again ... I'm "just sayin' " ... each too their own ...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I want to go really fast I tie a rope to the handlebars and to the rear bumper of our car and have my wife tow me down the road at 50 or 60 mph. All the while I make motorcycle sounds with my mouth.

Tom

Reactions: BeWill

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tom you won't believe this but its true, I had a wreck on a bicycle when I was 13 because I was holding onto the passenger side door handle while my brother was driving our truck. We were going kinda fast so I yelled " woa woa" he though I said " go go ". That's not a quote from the dukes of hazard movie its what happened! When the front wheel started getting the death wobble I let go of the door and grabbed the handle bar Just in time to steer away from the truck before I went down, I woke up in bed with a big knot on head and a broken clavical.
Disclaimer: DONT TRY THAT KIDS!

Jroge1523

Aug 28, 2017
Out of all the things I've done like porting cylinder adding a 36 tooth sprocket drilling holes in the air filter adding a NGK spark plug upgrading the wire to CDI modifying stock exhaust it made my engine run better but not faster the one thing I did where I noticed a huge difference was getting a thinner copper head gasket it gave my bike more power and made it faster

Reactions: BeWill

Rasor235

Jan 19, 2021
Hey guys,
Just wondering how would I make my 80cc motor go faster?
I think it's broken in now, but I can only get 30mph max on a good stretch
of road. I've upgrade to a 36 tooth sprocket and that only enhanced the speed
like 3mph. I really want to hit 40mph(not down a hill) but just know how to do
all the crap needed to get good performance. What should I do to make it go
faster is the bottom line. I need links to the thinks I need to buy.

Help! :-||

Andrew
Get the square performance head, a performance carb, performance clutch pads, a 35t rear sprocket w hub adapter, I have the thruster exhaust(kinda loud), a cheap performance cdi, copper head gasket, and a better throttle(I use a thumb throttle), also running 40 to 1 mix

Rasor235

Jan 19, 2021
Get the square performance head, a performance carb, performance clutch pads, a 35t rear sprocket w hub adapter, I have the thruster exhaust(kinda loud), a cheap performance cdi, copper head gasket, and a better throttle(I use a thumb throttle), also running 40 to 1 mix
It goes 45mph maybe faster downhill and it goes easily 37-38 uphill. I love it now it’s like a different bike completely. I started where you were at around 27-30mph before these upgrades