new from Mi.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. If you need help with your project you've come to the righ place.
Tell us a little about what you plan to build. What bike? Which engine?

Questions? We're always here and we also urge folks to take advantage of the wealth of information available through our 'Search' feature. Simple keyword/s will reward you with pages of discussion and advice on any subject related to building a motorized bicycle.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

porter1

Sep 3, 2014
michigan
I live in southeast mi. north of Detroit, the bike is a Easton 6000, with a 80cc china motor. I have no idea what brand. the guy said it"s a brand new motor, that I need to run 2 tanks of gas at 25x1 to break in. how can I tell what brand motor it is?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Brand names, for the most part, aren't important. Some sellers would like you to think they are but the truth is most of the Chinese 2 stroke engines/kits are nearly identical. There is only a few real factories that make them, all in China and a few assembly plants that put the parts and kits together for export.

When you say "China motor" that pretty much tells us what you have and any advice we offer will cover your engine regardless of what decals are attached to the engine or what brand name it was sold under.

Brand names aren't as important as the seller's willingness to offer good customer support after the sale. Of course that doesn't apply in your case but just for future reference.
Sorry, but that's the facts.

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. i am from the kalamazoo area. kids and grand kids still live their and we are heading up to visit in a few weeks. with my 2 stroke engine i knew when it broke in, every thing changed. ran better, sounded better everything, i think you will know when it does, all the motors are different so no set milage or anything else when it will break in. enjoy it, thats what it is all about

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Hello Porter. Welcome to the club! This is best place around for knowledge about MB's. Always good to see another Michigander. I'm from the West Coast.

Paul, funny coincidence: I was just in Kalamazoo last weekend for a gig at Papa Pete's. Met some nice people over there. Didn't know you were from K'zoo. :)