What's been happening, an update

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
The bike shop owner said he had some 700c wheels, but said the width varies from road bikes (skinny) to mountain bike widths. Also wanted to know how many sprockets it had, (3 or 6)
He is getting a lot of parts from another local shop that recently closed.
I'm going there tomorrow to check for some parts and will check on the wheel.
Post up the tire width and sprockets and I'll check.scratg

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I checked 2 days ago and he still hasn't had time to find one. I'm going this morning to check. Thanks for the size.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I'll keep you posted. The bike shop changed his hours for the new year and didn't open 'til 10:00. I had to work, so I'll check back Monday.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Thanks, I'll relay it to him. I didn't understand him either. I'll stop by today to see him. Maybe one is solid to the wheel???

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
If that's it then I would say it's a cassette, because it will come off.
700c wheel with a 6 speed cassette.
I think that's all the info needed... I think.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Yeah fair, old motorbike has been doing his best to help. It's been a slim year round here, and with my birthday coming in 2 weeks I don't really think it's going to be any better. At least the family is doing better, for the most part. My grandfather is almost 82 and rather stubborn. His Dr. wants him to start Dialysis and Papaw wont have it. Otherwise everything is going pretty good health wise.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
The bike shop guy had a wheel, today. I couldn't pick it up today, cause I was on my motorcycle. (and it broke down when I tried to go get my truck)
After I finally got home, it's too late to get it now. He's getting me a shipping box for it and I'll try to get it off tomorrow, usually a day off but, my boss called and wants me to work full time again as he laid off the other guy, as it's been slow and I've been only working 3 days a week. So hopefully if the shop don't close down I may get a little more income
You'll need a socket to get the gears off. I got an extra to send with it.
I'll try to get out tomorrow, so i'll need your addy.

Trust God, Clean house and help others and all will work out.

Last edited:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
PM sent with shipping info
I can't thank you enough. While I am still learning how to trust God, I have come to realize that He does some of His best works through people like yourself old motorbike.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Shipped, and should be there Friday. I'll send tracking # on PM later.
Yes that trust principle takes a lot of practice and isn't there all the time....but I keep practicing.
Hope all works ok.
Jack

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Jack, I honestly don't know what I would have done or when I would've been mobile again without your help. I will remember you in my prayers and am more grateful than I know how to acknowledge.

I will make a new thread when I have her rolling again.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Thanks for the prayers, as from others, they have saved and improved my life more than I'll ever know.
I just hope it's the right wheel. If it is, just enjoy.