What's been happening, an update

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Well, it's been a little while since I've had a motorbike up and running. The bike I have my motor on at the moment needs a rebuilt rear wheel. The bike I want to put the motor on is a Trek 6000 series with disc brakes and a 9 speed cassette. The beautiful 36 tooth sprocket, that came way faster than I expected, ordered from Andyinchville1, is too close to the chain stay, the chain would rub the chain stay and ruin the frame. A shifter kit from Welcome to Sick Bike Parts would solve all these problems There's only One who can really solve all my problems.

The only thing holding me back is a lack of funds. I've not had work in about 8 months now. I get a small check each month that pays my bills, rent, internet connection and my Cricket phone. The money left over isn't enough to do anything with except get some groceries. So me getting a shifter kit probably wont happen soon.

The cheapest way for me to get rolling again is to rebuild the rear wheel, mount the 36 tooth sprocket on it and be riding again. Again the lack of funds needed makes even this option out of reach for now.

When I do get running again my motor will have the clutch kit, produced by Jim, the genius behind Creative Engineering. This thing is an absolute beauty to behold.

That's just the bike stuff. About 2 months ago, my cat, Squirrel, died. A few weeks later I had to take my dog in and have her put down. I find out my grandfather is having heart problems, he will be 82 next year. Grandma is in physical rehab now after a week in the hospital. My mother just had to go to the emergency room last week and had surgery a couple days later. She is out of the hospital and is getting better. My cousin, who is only a few years older than me, died last week. My other grandma has several blockages near her heart and needs surgery. All of these things happening this close together is something I've never had to experience before. There is so much to worry about, I'm not really sure what I am worrying about at any given time but I'm always worried about one of them.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, sometimes ya just gotta let it all out, ya know...

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
So sorry to hear that...Hope everything will get better very soon... my prayers will be with you... :)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HI NUNYA, HOPE THINGS IMPROVE FOR YOU, SOON!! I WAS UP IN BAXTER,TN, THE WEEKEND BEFORE THANKGIVING, VISITING FAMILY. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. RON .boogy1a.blady

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nunya-

I HEAR YOU MAN!

Last August I hit a deer with my truck, and it seems to have gone downhill from there. I won't bore anyone with a long list of my woes, but it seems that no matter what, I can't catch a break. My handyman business has gone down the ****ter, and I am on the brink of -0- dollars. (400 dollars to pay 500 dollars in bills, half of which is property taxes) Now I have been having computer problems lately, may be the last of me soon.

Time for praying men to pray for a few of us here.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Sorry to hear that. No one should have to have that much at one time. Its got to go up from there.
That's for sure!!!

And speaking of things going up...I would think, (if someone has not already done it), that collectively there must be enough spares on the forum to help Nunya get his bike going. I'm just getting started and I don't have a collection of anything really, except engine kit parts.

If you need anything to get back on the road in the way of kit parts let me know.

Joe,

I know what you mean! Everyone I talk to has said August was the beginning of a huge slow down for thier business. Mine included! If it wasn't for the military stuff I do I would have nothing coming in. All of my other customers are having financial trouble.

The next few years are not going to be pretty for a lot of people...we're going to have to go back to a time when people helped each other out.

Jim

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I really didn't expect this. I was just getting some stuff off my chest.

For the rear wheel I just need a set of spokes and spoke nipples. It may just be cheaper to get a new wheel. I've not really checked all the prices on anything as I knew I did not have the money anyway. I'm not really concerned about the bike right now. I have a feeling I may pick up some work through a friend at church. I dunno, maybe I'm just hoping it will happen.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I would like to see my grandfather in Mountain Home Arkansas before while he is still here. I'd also like to see my folks again, they're in Marion Ohio. If I had the shifter kit I'd just ride my bike. I could make it to Mtn. Home in a day. Going to my folks would be 2 days, I'd stop at my cousins house in Nashville. It was his sister that died last week.
I guess these are just my daydreams considering the issues with my family at the moment and my bike problems.

I'd like to thank you folks for dropping in and listening to me vent. It helps to hear others thoughts and opinions.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a boatload of wheels of various types (used) but I could gladly remove a set of spokes and the nips if you need them. I'll even pay shipping.

What kind of wheel are we talking about?

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Good grief, bad times seem contagious now. My journey has been that way for 1 1/2 years. I just ask God for direction every day and try to stay grateful.
I hope you can find parts to get on a ride. I bet that would help some.
I don't have an extra back wheel, but have a friend with a bike shop that might. What kind of wheel?
My prayers to you.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
It's a 6 speed 700c wheel from a touring bike.

Just all the replies so far has helped tremendously and your prayers are appreciated. It felt good being in church this morning, I just wish the week could go by faster.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You see why I spend so much time on this site? What a group of people.
Nunya, I don't have much in the way of spare parts either but if there's anything I can offer, just ask. We'll try to make it happen.
Tom

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I have a 6 speed 26in mountain bike rim that had once a 44 tooth sprocket to but missed not having a back brake because of my frame was made for coaster brakes, and replaced it with a husky rear wheel. let me know. May God bless.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
So many of you folks have offered help, I just don't know what to say. My hope for mankind has been strengthened.

I usually know what I would like to do to have a motorbike running, it sometimes takes a little time for me to think about how I can do it with the least amount of cash. I have no idea what a set of spokes and nipples would cost or what size I need. I also have no idea what a 6 speed 700c wheel cost.

I'll check some prices on stuff and try to get the spoke size.

You people constantly amaze me. Since finding this site I have seen some beautiful bikes, ingenious methods of mounting motors and improving the performance of these motors. Then I find out firsthand of your kindness and it leaves me speechless.