Hua Sheng 49cc exhaust question

GoldenMotor.com

turbojoe

Mar 30, 2011
Little Rock,AR
Hi all,

I'm getting a new 4G T 4 stroke kit and I noticed that the engine has the box exhaust. I have an exhaust pipe from a 2 stroke kit and was wondering if that would be better than the standard exhaust? Anyone ever try to use a 2-stroke exhaust pipe with a 4-stroke?

Thanks, Joe

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
The bolt pattern is the same, you can use it without any problems. However, the kit style exhaust pipes are very restrictive and can cause a loss in performance. Consider cutting off the muffler and running a free flowing pipe of some sort (old handlebars works great). (^)

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
make sure to support any pipe you use,,,
the exhaust studs on the HS are VERY small (8mm wrench), a pipe needs some help at the other, heavier end ;)
that is the only thing that ever worried me about the HS (great, reliable little engine) (^)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey turbojoe,did the 2 stroke pipe work? I'm about to change my exhaust in the same manner. I am thinking~exhaust flange,flex pipe,and a lo-tone b&s muffler tip.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hi all,

I'm getting a new 4G T 4 stroke kit and I noticed that the engine has the box exhaust. I have an exhaust pipe from a 2 stroke kit and was wondering if that would be better than the standard exhaust? Anyone ever try to use a 2-stroke exhaust pipe with a 4-stroke?

Thanks, Joe
Two-stroke pipes will work but you won't get much performance boost other than what it picks up by being unrestricted. The four-stroke won't benefit from the scavenging effect nearly as much as a ring-dinger.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
if you use the pipe and cut the muffler off and usw a 7/8 flex pipe and it should work real well the EZM flex exhaust is just 7/8 steel flex pipe with a fish tail end and people seam to like its performance increases

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Don't have any old handlebars but I could get some flex pipe from the local hardware store.
Thanks for the answer. :)[/QUOTE

As for flex duit I have found the best is watertight (and you take off the outer
plastic) and the reason for this is 1 the ID is flatter giving more of a tuned
effect and second those pipes have a ground wire running up thru the joints
making it more airtight than non water tight
hope this helps and I'll add pics in a minute

Last edited:

turbojoe

Mar 30, 2011
Little Rock,AR
Hey turbojoe,did the 2 stroke pipe work? I'm about to change my exhaust in the same manner. I am thinking~exhaust flange,flex pipe,and a lo-tone b&s muffler tip.
No, I never got the chance to try it. My engine broke a crank rod and I haven't
had time to do anything with the replacement engine.