Custom Fuel Tanks Coming Soon!

GoldenMotor.com

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm very curious to know how these will be mounted & if there will be a top tube 'tunnel' under them? Also, how much?????
Yes there will be a "tunnel" to help the tank seat onto the bar, I am open to the customers desires for the mounting, but if there is nothing mentioned I will use long bolts similar to the peanut tanks. I already posted the pricing, please scroll back a few spaces.
Thanks for the interest!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks FunDreamer. Saved link and form for when your ready to roll.

Again best of luck with all ya have coming up.

Does any one know if powder coating is inherently fuel resistant? Just wondering. I doubt it but finding asking you folks (or in NYese Yous Guys) always leads to some thing I had not considered.

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks FunDreamer. Saved link and form for when your ready to roll.

Again best of luck with all ya have coming up.

Does any one know if powder coating is inherently fuel resistant? Just wondering. I doubt it but finding asking you folks (or in NYese Yous Guys) always leads to some thing I had not considered.
While I have not used the powder coating myself, I know there are different grades of it just like the regular spay style paints. If you find a powder coating service anywhere (even online) you can call them an ask about it. What I have handled seems to be good at resisting the gasoline. Though I don't know about prolonged exposure.
Let me know what you find, I would like to find out the details myself.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
While I have not used the powder coating myself, I know there are different grades of it just like the regular spay style paints. If you find a powder coating service anywhere (even online) you can call them an ask about it. What I have handled seems to be good at resisting the gasoline. Though I don't know about prolonged exposure.
Let me know what you find, I would like to find out the details myself.
Very cool and will do. I am going to buy the gun and paint ASAP so will report.
Be really cool if it can stand up to gas. Not a huge deal, but one less time/cash consumer. Will write Eastwood today and ask. (then try it any way, snork)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wohoo!

"Product Description
All Hotcoat Powder Coatings are exclusively formulated for the HotCoat System. They are optimized to promote static charge for uniform coverage and finish. All are UV and fuel resistant. Packed in 8 oz. net wt. plastic bottles.For maximum effect, use over chrome, polished metal, Argent Silver Base Coat (10102), or Reflective Chrome (10285)."

Well, still dunno how much of that is "fluffery" But good start!

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
A good idea might be to weld some tabs on to it... one on the back and two on the side in the front
Here is a link to the idea...

Spirit-of-Hajari on deviantART
I have already thought of that, and I think it is a great idea, but there are some that really don't want to drill holes in their frames to mount anything. That is why I stated that I will set it up for the customer as they wish it. Thanks for the input!

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Wohoo!

"Product Description
All Hotcoat Powder Coatings are exclusively formulated for the HotCoat System. They are optimized to promote static charge for uniform coverage and finish. All are UV and fuel resistant. Packed in 8 oz. net wt. plastic bottles.For maximum effect, use over chrome, polished metal, Argent Silver Base Coat (10102), or Reflective Chrome (10285)."

Well, still dunno how much of that is "fluffery" But good start!
Good to know, I have thought about ordering from Eastwood myself but never got around to it. (never really thought about the powder coating either) LOL!

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I have already thought of that, and I think it is a great idea, but there are some that really don't want to drill holes in their frames to mount anything. That is why I stated that I will set it up for the customer as they wish it. Thanks for the input!
I might buy one in the spring when i have more money... lol i am making an "army" bike and this is the style i have been looking for it...
dance1

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I might buy one in the spring when i have more money... lol i am making an "army" bike and this is the style i have been looking for it...
dance1
Great! It will be about that time that I will be able to start building them for customers. (I have to have surgery very soon and the recovery time is about three months)
Please keep in mind that the drawing is only for me to be able to get the dimensions for customer needs, The actual tanks can look different from the drawing. For example if one needs the tank to be 6" wide and 10" long,and 6" high, it would not look the same as if a customer needs one 8" wide, 16" long and wants it 10" high. The "tunnel" is also due to customer specs and I will modify the drawing to reflect that, Thanks for the input!
Thanks for the interest!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was looking at this gun FunD; 10-30 PSI Powder Coating System

About half the cash. For your tanks, could use a large toaster or even an actual dedicated oven. Just thunking out loud. Eastwood has some great color choices. Gonna test on a old kit tank

Side note, Carol said to tell ya good luck with your surgery. Is so funny, She knows and keeps track of the folks here better then I can and has never read a word. We have picnic, rides sort of events and I have to ask her who is who with the nic/ real name thing

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Okay, here is the revised version, please note that you can decide every dimension of your tank, including the tunnel. Measure your bike frame and decide what size you want your tank to be and fill the information on the spec sheet provided. You can enter the length of your tank, the width and height, as well as the tunnel width (Please notice the height of the tunnel can be taller in front or even the entire length of the tank) it is all your choice.
This is a complete custom application for your bike that no one else will have.
Thanks for looking!
http://fundreamer1.deviantart.com/art/Fuel-tank-192957335

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Was looking at this gun FunD; 10-30 PSI Powder Coating System

About half the cash. For your tanks, could use a large toaster or even an actual dedicated oven. Just thunking out loud. Eastwood has some great color choices. Gonna test on a old kit tank

Side note, Carol said to tell ya good luck with your surgery. Is so funny, She knows and keeps track of the folks here better then I can and has never read a word. We have picnic, rides sort of events and I have to ask her who is who with the nic/ real name thing
Tell Carol thanks, you might not want to use your oven in the kitchen to bake any powder coating into an item, I have read that it can affect the taste of food after that. lol
I would check craigslist and get a cheap stove with a working oven and use that. Either way, I would like to see how it goes for you and please post some pics.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL! when I first explained to Carol that I could use an ordinary, household oven, ya should have seen the look of fear! I couldn't keep a st8 face and had to explain I would get one from goodwill or dump and not use her's in the kitchen. In her defense, such things are not unprecedented. Although I still maintain I had nothing to do with either the explosion or fire. I still say the dog was playing with matches. (pretty amazing as she has no thumbs)

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
LOL! when I first explained to Carol that I could use an ordinary, household oven, ya should have seen the look of fear! I couldn't keep a st8 face and had to explain I would get one from goodwill or dump and not use her's in the kitchen. In her defense, such things are not unprecedented. Although I still maintain I had nothing to do with either the explosion or fire. I still say the dog was playing with matches. (pretty amazing as she has no thumbs)
LOL!! If that's your story, then ....STICK TO IT!!!!!!!(^)

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Fundreamer, did ya go in for your surgery yet? Just checking up on ya.
No, I'm waiting to talk to the doctor that will perform it. When I went to see him the other day he was off that day, lol. Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. The people that set the appointments apparently didn't know he was off that day. When I have a surgery date, I will post it.
Thanks for checking though.

Last edited: